2017/2018/19 wedding chat.

Stevensmummyx

Mum of 2 boys and one surprise bump
Reaction score
After 8 and a half year my other half finally popped the question! We know we will have a long-ish engagement and we won't be setting dates any time soon but it will be roughly 2/3 years time.

I'm so excited!!!

Anyone else planning on being wed then 😊?

FEB
11th- Charlotteee

JULY
-Becks

JUNE (?)
-Stevensmummyx

Oohh can 2017 be added too? We have set our date for July 2017... Congratulations BTW hun xx

Of course! And thank you!

We haven't set a date yet but I'm trying to persuade oh to go for June 2018

It's nice to have lots of time to plan :happydance: are you planning on having a traditional wedding? Xx

Well I'm wanting a nice hotel or castle wedding, not fussed which.

Oh wants to jet off to Cyprus :haha: not much of a difference eh?

I would have loved to have had a church wedding but my partner is a strong atheist and doesn't fancy it. I'm not religious as such. We've decided on a humanist.

What about you? How's planning going?

I'm going to ask 2 of my friends tomorrow to my my maid and matron of honour! I'm having 5 bridesmaid and could not for the life of me, whittle down to just one of them so one will be my maid of honor, she will be sitting at the top table, hold my bouquet for the vows.

The other lady is married so she will be my matron of honour and she will sign the witness notice and make sure the other bridesmaids are in check.

That's if they say yes of course :haha:

Sounds perfect hun :happydance: We are going for a church wedding but I also loved the idea of a castle. We are doing pretty well with our planning so far. Church and evening reception us booked. So are our wedding cars, photographer, videographer, make up and balloons.
We are having my sister, 2 friends I've grown up with and my 2 daughters as maid of honour/bridesmaids and flower girl.
Have you chosen your colour scheme yet? Ours is Cadbury purple xx

Cadbury purple sounds lovely! And go you! I'm hoping to at least book our venue after Xmas so we can secure a date.

Colour scheme will probably depend on what OH will be wearing, he's in the forces so if he decides to wear his uniform we will go with his reg colours (royal blue or sky blue) but if not then we will go with pastels I think

Already married but I'm not one to miss out on wedding chatter! :blush:

:haha: I'm guessing it's not something you can get easily fed up with lol!

Definitely not. Everybody has different tastes so no two weddings are the same. Love a good wedding - as long as there's cake! We went to a wedding last year that served a huge fruit salad. :dohh:

Lol that's different!

Asked all my bridal party if they would all be bridesmaids/maid of honour and they all said yes! Whoop! I feel I'm diving in too early lol but I am too excited!

Also, my maid of honour made a suggestion for a venue and I fell in love! Going to price it up https://culcreuch-castle-weddings.com/

We have changed our wedding colour scheme now from Cadbury purple to lemon.. I have a few purple bits if anyone would like them? Xx

Ooh lemon would be lovely! Hopefully someone takes the purple stuff off your hands. What made you change? See nice dresses? X

Well the more I thought about it the more I sway more towards a light fresh looking colour. Something bright and happy.. So after a nosey online it was lemon/yellow that was perfect xx

We are 11.02.17 :)

And on the cake front - we are having a cheese cake, 4 tiers of different chhese!! Yummyyyy xx

I saw an amazing cake last night on FB! The front half was stunning, white with flowers. On the back it was 4 layers of superheroes 😂 I'm a marvel geek and I thought it would be perfect lol

How are we all? Finally got my engagement ring today, sooooo happy!

I've also seen a dress I absolutely love the look of so I've booked in to try it on next weekend and I can't wait!

How's things with you guys? X

Hiya hun. Aaww I bet you're soon excited to try on your dress :happydance: xx

I have a huuuge dilemma. I've tried on a few dresses and there was one I really liked. The Mori Lee Blu 5271 if you want a nosy. BUT it's being discontinued next month. I don't get married for another 17 months and I didn't want to go properly shopping until March when hopefully I'll be in size 10/12. Arghhh what do I doooo. I'm thinking that there will be plenty of other dresses that I can try and will hopefully love one, it's just hard to let one slip away that I could see myself getting married in. And I currently can't afford to put down half the cost as a deposit xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->