2017 - long haul waiters

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Is anyone else waiting the long haul?
I'm most likely waiting until June 2017, due to my list to complete!
Is anyone else waiting this long or am I all alone?

Perhaps I belong here :shrug:
Definitely not trying within the next year, perhaps not even in 2016.
Who knows when I'll start TTC :awww:

Care to share your list to complete?

Aw I'm glad I might not be alone, I see lists for next year and 2016 and I belong no where lol!
My list is:
-Find affordable 2 bedroom (time for this is by august 2015)
-London in April 2015
-Portugal in July 2015
-Finish HND in June 2016
-After HND look for full time work
-Wedding Dec 2016
-Late honeymoon June 2017 when we will try.

Do you have a list to complete?

Well... I spoke to OH and he said he doesn't mind taking the relaxed approach to TTC.
But in reality before TTC or NTNP starts I have to:
*Finish my degree (May 2015)
*Finish my teacher training (May 2016) Then find a well-paid job
*Live with OH
*Get married

And the non essentials:
*OH to pass his driving test and to have a stable income

All I can think of at the minute.

We really only have one thing on our list... I have to finish my degree. My gorgeous girly is only 11 weeks but I know that waiting for 2.5 years (soonest) is going to be very hard for me. It would also be ideal for us to get into work after Uni and hopefully by somewhere at least before the baby is born.. so we're looking at 2017 for me to graduate and then some.
Although my partner wants to start trying a few month BEFORE I graduate, he's impatient :haha:
It feels difficult to wait so long to go through the thing I love most in the world again and to wait to give my little girl a sibling.

You're not alone!:hugs:

I'm wtt for baby #2 late 2016/ early 2017, and for one reason only... My new career. I have to have 2 years uninterrupted service as it is part of my work contract. I'd also like to finish my 4-year college degree, I have one year left but since I am going to do part time college I actually won't finish until December 2016 so it only makes sense to wtt. :)

We all kinda have similar reasons as to why we are waiting too :)
I'm just having on eof them days where you are trying to convince yourself
"i don't need to finish my course, i could get pregnant and then finish before the baby comes... I don't need to get married I can do that after baby.... I don't need a full time job, I will get maternity allowance with my part time job anyway" .... I always do that when I get impatient and broody, I know I have to wait, but kinda hard to convince myself I have to finish my course, I have to do this etc when I plan on being a SAHM until youngest is in school anyway :shrug: So I would be taking a very long career break anyway, maybe even before it is really started, I just see a career as something I can do whenever, my baby clock runs out! Ah I hate days like this, I know my OH only really cares about having the spare room and moving before trying ... We would also like to have the other stuff but I need willpower! :blush:

I understand darling.. on some days you are going through the list of all the things it would be best to do first and you feel good about your decision to wait, but other days you remember that there is nothing more important to you in life than having a family and you start thinking "Well what does all this material stuff matter?!?" And to an extent it's true.. and if you had a baby now you would make it work. Buuut it will be easier for all if things are more stable and set up and you know you chose to wait for a reason.

I always find my broodiness is more painful if I start thinking 'I can't have a baby', it's better to remind yourself you are CHOOSING not to RIGHT NOW. :hugs:

Mummafrog thanks for your post made me feel better about waiting and Kiki I get that too on my broody days I find it so hard but then other days I know it is the right thing to do and am waiting to make us more stable.

Yeah mumafrog your post helped, as much as a post can, I know i will always feel like this, but I also know I choose to because I want to not be stressed during pregnancy and with a young baby. I keep reminding myself I have things to enjoy other than a baby... Portugal is exactly 10 months today, We have had news of getting a 2 bedroom :) And a wedding to start thinking about .. It is so hard when everyone is having babies right now!
MissN8 at least we know we aren't alone ha! It is also kinda hard seeing everyone who is ready to start trying and I'm like "i have 2 years and 10 months to go!" ha!

Funny how quickly things change. We have been made homeless! Me and mum share a 3 bedroom, we split the bills etc but i'm not on the tenancy so anyway she got offered a one bedroom, we were both on the register but we all thought ide get an offer first but turns out my application was withdrawn and they don''t know why!
So basically I have had to phone the counicl and declare myself homesless, in 2 weeks we will be, they are going to have a meeting next week to sort out our "points" until we get an offer we will have to house hop ... it definitel changes our plans, going to have to readjust my list. Just hope we can afford it seeing as im a student! His mum and dad said until we get an offer we can stay in their spare room, mum said i can sleep on her couch ... cant believe how out of the blue this all is! The council said they wouldn't house her unless they housed me because then i would be homeless so don't know what they are playing at withdrawing my application without telling me :/
We were planning on booking portugal and the wedding next month but we will have to put that all on hold until we find our feet!

Oh no Kiki that's awful. Will u stay with his parents?

I will be waiting awhile as well! I need to become financially stable before I take that step alone.

Well me and my mum have been talking, the whole reason i moved home was to support her and dad because they had cancer, my dad passed and now my mum is better ... she seemd so confused, worried and sad when the woman was talking to her saying she had to make a decision, its like she was looking at me to help her, i didnt know what to do, she is on disbility benefits and worried about how she will cope without our help, we are worried she will get lonely (she ahs said she is scared bout this) and she has said she is worried about getting hurt and not having us there. I don't know what to do, financially me nd OH will be fine, but i dont want mum to struggle emotionally/financially. Honestly, I think i am going to offer to become a joint tenant with her, we could stay in the house dad was in (i think she doesnt want to leave here, even though it is where he died we do find ourselves in his room to chat to him (they needed seperate rooms for health reasons) ... i just dont want her to be alone as she gets older, we do have a spare room in our current house so it wouldnt affect us having a child (mum has asked us to have kids... doesnt help the broodyness) ... mum has said she doesnt want to take it but shes scared to refuse it, im going to ask if she wants us to make it a joint tenancy .... im so confused so i dont expect anyone else to understand :blush:

I plan on going back to school next year for Early Childhood Education and it'll be 2017 when I would graduate. I'll be 32 by then so hopefully I'll be ttcing by then because right now I have no clue I'll have children. :shrug:

I plan on going back to school next year for Early Childhood Education and it'll be 2017 when I would graduate. I'll be 32 by then so hopefully I'll be ttcing by then because right now I have no clue I'll have children. :shrug:

I did early education and childcare, it's a fab course! I'm back doing social science to broaden job prospects as well.

Just to update you all, in process of being joint tenant right now, the lady csme in and basically said the other council person lied to us and obv didnt know the right rules etc because she is now drawing up paperwork for us to be joint tenants, this means if mum accepts house we can take sole tenancy of this property :) What a relief!

Oh phew, so glad it's worked out Kiki, that must have been stressful for a while! Do you like where you're living now? X

It is an okay area, it has a bad rep but so long as you know who to avoid it's fine, they leave you alone as well so long as you don't involve yourself it is fine :thumbup: The house itself is nice, just needs done up a bit, the garden is big! it has 4 sections, and a lot of room, the rooms are big only thing s an ant nest that comes every summer but put down powder and it sorts itself out , our next door neighbour is lovely woman ... it is close to a big park, the beach and the high street .. a 20 minute walk to college, an hour walk to my work, half hour drive to OH work so just ideal to stay here ... plus mum said she wants it staying in the family ... it might sounds weird to you guys but we believe heavily in ghosts and spirits and because this where dad died we feel close to him here if that makes sense :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->