2021 GD support thread.

Discussion in 'Gender Disappointment' started by motherofboys, Feb 12, 2021.

1. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx TTC #4

:hugs:
    That’s a lot for you to take in! I think it’s okay to have mixed feelings like that, wanting a girl doesn’t mean you want or love your boys any less!

koj518 likes this.
  2. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

3. motherofboys

motherofboys Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Jellybean. I always say I wouldn't swap my boys for girls, I just wish there had been a girl in there as well.
    Your feelings are completely valid. Hugs

jellybeanxx likes this.
  4. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx TTC #4

How’s everyone getting on?
    I’m struggling at the moment, so worried I won’t get pregnant again never mind actually manage to get my girl. I’m overwhelmed by all the swaying advice. I just wish I knew what was going to happen. All the unknown of it is so hard.

5. motherofboys

I'm terrible for wanting to know. I wish someone could tell me 100% whether I'll get a girl or not eventually. I have the same fears over whether or not I'll even fall pregnant again let along get a girl. The last 2 pregnancies I managed to convince myself I'd get girls because I had waited so long and tried so hard and that a girl would be my reward to make it all "worth it". Of course my boys were totally worth the wait and I wouldn't change them now. Still it would be nice to know one way or another. If I could see the future and see there wasn't another baby in it for me then I could just give up on trying and look forward to life with my boys.

6. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx TTC #4

That’s exactly it. EXACTLY!
    I’m so sorry you’re going through all this too but it’s good that someone gets it. I don’t know how to resolve any of this, the double whammy of struggling TTC with desperately wanting a girl.

7. motherofboys

It is a hard line to walk because you feel like you should just be grateful to get a baby out of it and then you're all like "it's the wrong model" :haha:

8. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx TTC #4

:haha:
    When I was TTC DS3 I started off trying because I wanted a girl but then after 2 years I remember thinking I didn’t care anymore, I just wanted another baby!
    That’s not to say I’m only wanting more because I want a girl but the sex of the baby became less important over time. I definitely wish I could just know and then make my peace with what the future had in store for me.

9. motherofboys

I know just what you mean. If I didn't think I could handle hearing boy again I don't think I could even try, a girl is definitely the incentive but not the only reason.

10. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx TTC #4

I think that if I knew I only wanted a girl, I wouldn’t be able to try for another. I adore my boys and would have loads of them but I’d just quite like a girl in that mix!

11. motherofboys

Yes! That's just it.

jellybeanxx likes this.