• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Twistergirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just a few questions..

Is Soy Isoflavones safe for people with PCOS?

If i was to get some, when could I take them.. Like how soon after my next AF could I take then? I am not ovulating at all so trying anything to get my body to ovulate?

Also can I take Vitex with the Soy?

Thank you..

This is a debatable topic. Soy isofalvones are supposed to act as estrogen blockers and cause an estrogen surge which helps with ovulation but more studies are finding that it is actually acting as an estrogen mimicker and actually hurts fertility.

Some interesting studies in the midwest where I am originally from are actually showing species that live in and around soy farms and consume soy are declining in population due to the adverse effects soy has on the female of each species. I have read in specific that women with pcos should avoid soy isoflavones because they have a lack of progesterone and soy worsens this by stimulating excess estrogen. All this being said I read on here quite a bit that some women contribute their successes to soy so you may want to do a bit of reading and then decide. Here's a nice neutral link to get you started.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_can-soy-isoflavones-help-me-get-pregnant_10364266.bc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"