~ 20th May 2012 Our world was completed - Zac's birth story ~

Sassy_TTC

Poppy & Zac's Mummy :-D
Reaction score
19th May 2012 - We set off for the hospital for the dreaded induction, it felt so weird going to the hospital knowing we wouldn't be home until our lo was born, almost surreal.

We were on a ward for 3 others couples, all being induced too, it was so funny, I felt like we were on so sort of comedy all looking at each other wondering who'd be the lucky one to graduate to labour ward first! I had my first gel inserted at 16:30, I was 2cm's dilated so there was a good chance I would avoid the 2nd gel! We waited and waited, my hubby watching me like a hawk but nothing much happened. By 8pm I was having mild contractions, I couldn't feel them much but they were showing on the monitor. I was due my next check and gel at 22:30 so I decided to have a nice long shower and put some pj's on as I figured it was going to be a long night and I wanted to at least try and get some sleep!

I was examined at 22:30 and there had been no change, I was devastated as I'd hoped I'd dilated enough for them to break my waters then I could go to labour ward for a much wanted epidural! The mw insterted another gel then told me to go bed.

Within 20 minues contractions had turned up a notch, a little painful but nothing major, my back and pelvis were another story, after suffering with terrible SPD throughout my pregnancy I knew the pain would be unbearable hence wanting an epi! Me and hubby spend the next 4 hours walking around the hospital, my back hurt so bad, I couldn't lay down or keep still, it hurt to walk but it hurt more to stay still! We spoke to other labouring women in the corridors which was strange, the hubbys rubbing our backs through each contraction then we'd all continue chatting, lol.

By 4am, I couldn't take much more, I was exhausted, I asked the mw for some drugs, she said she'd check me again and hopefully I could transfer straight to labour ward! All the other woman on our ward were sleeping, or quiet at least!

Funny enough it was the same mw that had delivered our daughter less than 1 year ago, we stressed to her how much we wanted this baby out so we could get home to be with our lil girl. Anyway she checked me and there had been change but not much, I was now 3cms and she said I couldn't go to labour ward until I was 4 :cry: she then "accidently" broke my waters, this wasn't by accident at all, she'd done it to speed things along, joking that the baby would have to come out now! My god there was so much water, she had to change the bed, put 4 pads on the floor and the water just gushed and gushed, within 5 minutes things went a little crazy!

I looked up at the clock and it was 04:30, I then completely lost it! I started throwing myself all over the bed, I had never EVER felt pain like it, baby was back to back and my pelvis felt like it had shattered into a 1000 peices! I screamed for gas and air, the mw was trying to calm me down, nothing was working! Danny keep telling me to pull myself together, I screamed at them both that I was in agony and that I needed an epidural right that second. I screamed, grunted, moaned etc, I heard a husband of one of the other woman having a go at another mw that I should be moved to labour ward, god how embarressing!

The mw made me get on all fours so she could rub my back, like the f*ck that was going to do anything! I sucked away on the g&a like my life depended on it! Then I screamed he's coming out, the mw laughed! 20 odd minutes prior to that I was still only 3cms dilated, she kept asking me to "show her" apparently I said "no, you lot don't believe me, so I'm not letting him out" :haha:
I then opended my legs and too right, his head was crowning! All panic then set in, the buzzer was pressed, I was raced half naked on all fours to labour ward, they pulled my ward bed beside the labour bed and the mw told the team there waiting that there wasn't time to move me, I then screamed for the gas and air and jumped onto the labour ward bed to rip it from the wall :rofl:

5 minutes later our son was born, the cord was round his neck and he was blue and limp, he was given oxygen etc and soon he let out a good cry so we knew he was fine, I was still out of it so don't remember any of this! I didn't need any stitches which I was very thankful for!

My god natural labour hurts so frigging bad, the ring of fire is something I never want to experience again but I'm so glad and proud that I did it! :cloud9:

Pics to follow :flower:

:cry: YOU DID AMAZING! xx

:cry: well done Sass! Amazing birth story! I can't believe how quick it happened once they'd broke your waters! :shock: you should be one proud mummy xxx

Lovely birth story!! Although u were induced u did the rest all by yourself and shoukd indeed be so proud of urself :hugs:

Xxx

Wow...how quick was that after your waters went! Well done you! xx

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing story you are awesome Sass!!!!

Well done sassy! Congrats on the birth of your little boy :) x

Congrats on the super swift labour and little cutie. Xx

Wow!!!! What a story hon!! Like something out of the movies :shock: like I've said before, you're amazing! xoxo :hugs:

Wow, Sass, you weren't kidding when you said he came out fast!

Well done and congratulations on your beautiful baby boy :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->