20wk scan

My fiancee hasn't had her 20 week scan yet but your experieence has taught us that we will defo be asking lots of questions while we are there.

Hope everything works out for you and you get to find out everything you want to know.

oh hunni defo complain. with my first daughter i had a horrid horrid lady scan me didnt want to show me much and when i asked the sex she said she couldnt tell as baby had legs crossed. so i asked well can i get up and walk or have a drink or something to get baby moving she said no turned the machine off told me to wipe off the gel and go sit down then walked out of the room. she made me cry damn witch she was so abrupt and mean! i was really looking forward to finding out the sex! we got a piccy but it was a really rubbish one!

hope the scan at babybond is better hunni. though i should say i had a gender one at leeds a couple of days ago and it seemed realy rushed and sonographer was unsure of herself. hopefully you wont get her though and have a fab scan! x

Thanks guys.
Just wanted to update you (and warn any of you who haven't had your scan about this!). I've had some awful abdominal pain this morning. Been on the phone to the hospital about it who assure me it will be OK. I think yesterday the sonographer was trying to wake baby up by pushing hard with her probe on me and waggling it up and down etc, rather than just asking me to go for a walk or have a coke or whatever like a normal person would! As a result i am mega sore today across my abdomen and everytime baby moves and pushes against it i get even worse pain. The midwife agrees with me that the sonographer obviously pushed too hard and has bruised me internally. Baby has been moving and kicking today so i know he/she's ok but just walking is painful for me today.
If you have your 20wk scan and feel the sonographer is pushing too hard, don't do what i did and lie there wincing - say something! I am definitely going to make a formal complaint about all this.

Im pleased your baby is looking healthy but im sorry you had to go through such a horrible scanning experience - i think id have complained - what an extremly rude woman , don't think that job is particularly suited to her if she can't even be polite or friendly when what she is doing should be a happy experience for you and your OH!!!

Oh hun, that's awful! I know when I had my 12wk scan I had a few moments where I thought the sonographer was bordering on pushing too hard when they were trying to get bubs to move. Yours must really have been going to town on you, you poor thing! Definitely make a complaint about it, you had such a rubbish experience and there is just no excuse for leaving you bruised. Hope you feel much better soon :hug:

:( that is awful!! What a miserable cow!! During both of my previous pregnancies at my 20wks scan I have been asked if I wanted to know that sex, and I have been asked if I can see the screen. Now ok, they do their mearsuring etc but she freezes the screen to take these and then as she is looking and waiting for the right position I have always been told what's what with the baby.

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience hun, when it is your first you have absolutely no idea of how these things work, and I can tell you now - there are NO rules with what you need to know either, any decend sonographer would have made that visit enjoyable for you and you would have had the sex looked into if you had of agreed when asked.

I know there are private scans, but why should you have to pay for it, just because of her incompetence and lack of a good sex life! :hugs: x

Coffee ! you must complain !!!
What a stupid cow she was to you !!! make me so mad :( she was rude to you emotionally and physically !!!!

when is you next chance to find the sex of your baby ?

ps: i don;t have any news of trixilox for a while (no mail either ) did you by any chance ?

Enjoy your Babybond scan hun, they really are worth every penny!

Unfortunately I think most NHS hospitals have a tendency to treat you as a number instead of a person, and they definitely forget how precious a pregnancy is to a woman. Do you know many people who've actually given birth at your hospital? Neither my hospital or midwife have filled me with reassurance from the experience I've had so far to be honest (although in fairness my treatment hasn't been bad, just mediocre), but I think sometimes hospitals can be much better when it comes to the actual delivery. I'm not a huge fan of my hospital, but I was there with my sister when she gave birth to my nieces and the midwives in the delivery suite were fab. See if you can get yourself some opinions from other women who've had baby's at your local hospitals - it may help put your mind at rest. And remember getting a crap sonographer needn't mean you'll receive crappy midwifery care later on.

Big :hug: xx

*sorry to hi-jack the thread, just a comment*

My pregnancy care was ace I couldn't fault it in my last pregnancy, but when it came to labour and the aftercare, it was absolutely terrible - the MWs were a miserable bunch of asses and I was never informed what was going on, it was just done for me/to me. And once I had Alfie and was o the ward with severe SPD, I was left to my on devices, were I was unable to care for him without help :(

Coffee ! you must complain !!!
What a stupid cow she was to you !!! make me so mad :( she was rude to you emotionally and physically !!!!

when is you next chance to find the sex of your baby ?

ps: i don;t have any news of trixilox for a while (no mail either ) did you by any chance ?

Sorry to hijack but Miel!!!! You're pregnant!!!! Great news. :cloud9:

I would def complain hun. It seems like a lot of the u/s techs are horrible. When I first got pregnant with Erica I had Kaiser. (we still have to pay for it, but its like a big group of Drs and nurses and you see different ones.. ) They scheduled my 20wk u/s at 16wks. They made me wait for almost an hour with a full bladder. Then they would not let DH or anyone come in with me for 30mins while they did measurements. The guy kept resting his effing arm where my bladder is and I swear I thought I was going to pee on him!! I drank 2 big glasses of OJ and Erica was too active to see the sex, and he wasn't very nice about it. My mom, aunt, and cousin came as well as DH because we thought we were going to find out her gender, and the tech look thoroughly annoyed. At my next doctors appointment I complained about him. I went back for another u/s at 20 weeks, supposed to have gotten a new tech. Guess who comes to get me from the waiting room? The same guy. The second experience was just as bad, but at least we found out she was a girl.
Anyway, sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully your 4d one will be great! I didn't do one with Erica and really regret it. We will definitely be doing one this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->