20wk ultrasound -- Baby's weight, please help!

Waiting4Baby

Reaction score
I had my actual medical ultrasound for 20 weeks today. We asked how big the baby was, and they could only give us a weight? Well, anyway, she said that he's 14 or 14 1/2 ounces (I can't remember). Isn't that kind of large for 20 weeks? Does that indicate a problem?

They're 3lb at 30 weeks so sounds alright to me?

Caitlyn was 256g at 20 weeks and 1lb6oz at 26 weeks but she was small for her gestation x

Nope sounds about right! They would be sure to let you know if there was something wrong! Plus, they can not be 100% on the weight of the baby with an ultrasound anyway!

Alright. Well, I looked it up before I posted this here and saw that websites said he should be around 9 ounces...? That's also what the tech said at my 4D ultrasound.

I was wondering if they would tell me if something was wrong or just pass on the info to my doctor so that she would look it over and talk to me about it when I see her next. That's always a possibility.

5 ounces isn't much.

Caitlyn was 9 someting oz at 20 weeks and she was measuring 2 weeks behind.

At my 21 week scan our son weighed 14oz and there is no problem. Saw MW today and all is fine!

Take a look at this for a rough guide https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart remember each baby will grow at different rates ect and its just a guide

As I said in August mummies, I think your baby is perfectly normal! Babies grow at different rates and I have been told several times that ultrounds aren't very accurate when it comes to measuring weight. My baby was 1 lb. 5oz. at 22 weeks 2 days. So she is measuring quite large. But I'm not as worried about her being large as I'm worried about my crotch that has to push her out in 16 weeks. :rofl::rofl: Try not to stress yourself over it too much. Which I know is easier said than done. :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->