21 day blood test

iak

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with a 21 day blood test?

I don’t, I posted the same thing a week or two ago and didn’t get much insight. I’m also booked in for one on the 1st of March!

thanks! I had one yesterday so just waiting for the results. I wondered if they can know the exact date you ovulate or if it just simply if u ovulated or not.

do you have pcos if you dont mind me asking?

thanks! I had one yesterday so just waiting for the results. I wondered if they can know the exact date you ovulate or if it just simply if u ovulated or not.

do you have pcos if you dont mind me asking?
I believe it is just if you ovulated or not as everyone progesterone is at different levels naturally. The test is only meant to be done on day 21 if you typically ovulate on day 14, it’s meant to be 7 dpo as that is when progesterone peaks.
I don’t have pcos that I know of, my period were perfectly regular at 28 days before dd was born in 2015, I’ve been using contraception constantly since then (aside from short breaks) however I came off the mini pill in June-July, normally my period comes really quickly but it took a month, then I had a short cycle, then 28 days, then I had a chemical preg at the end of October; and I’ve had massively different cycle lengths (10-35 days!) since then, I think I’ve only ovulated twice in that time (December and then a few days ago)

Low progesterone can also cause losses and I’ve had three losses and an ectopic so they want me checked. I don’t think it’s pcos, although since my ectopic in 2014 I have had mid cycle pain which I always put down to ovulation.

I had it back in September. Because of recurring pregnancy loss.
They basically do a bloodiest around cd4 and then another around cd21 it's just to check hormone levels b4 and after ovulation.
I had to wait 2 weeks for the results which was a bummer but everything came back normol. But sadly in Oct i had another pregnancy loss.
I was being further investigated when I fell with this one.

I had it back in September. Because of recurring pregnancy loss.
They basically do a bloodiest around cd4 and then another around cd21 it's just to check hormone levels b4 and after ovulation.
I had to wait 2 weeks for the results which was a bummer but everything came back normol. But sadly in Oct i had another pregnancy loss.
I was being further investigated when I fell with this one.
These are different, in the U.K. they don’t do it on cd4, just cd21. I hope it isn’t two weeks for blood results though

I have one the 5th March. Think it’s jst a way my GP thinks will keep me quiet lol.

These are different, in the U.K. they don’t do it on cd4, just cd21. I hope it isn’t two weeks for blood results though

I'm in the UK hon.
Maybe mine wasn't the 21 day test. I just had bloods taken on cd4 and again cd21 they tested all my hormone levels.
FSH LH thyroid Estrogen Progesterone and some other stuff.

I'm in the UK hon.
Maybe mine wasn't the 21 day test. I just had bloods taken on cd4 and again cd21 they tested all my hormone levels.
FSH LH thyroid Estrogen Progesterone and some other stuff.
Sorry, I thought you were in the USA for some reason!
Mine is just progesterone to check I have ovulated as I’ve been irregular since my chemical. Was yours through your GP or a clinic?
I don’t have any risk factors like PCOS, bmi over 30, age over 35 or anything else non the NICE guidelines. I don’t even think they really should be checking anything as I’ve not been trying a year yet!

Sorry, I thought you were in the USA for some reason!
Mine is just progesterone to check I have ovulated as I’ve been irregular since my chemical. Was yours through your GP or a clinic?
I don’t have any risk factors like PCOS, bmi over 30, age over 35 or anything else non the NICE guidelines. I don’t even think they really should be checking anything as I’ve not been trying a year yet!

I am in the UK too and results came back really quickly. Good luck ☺️

I am in the UK too and results came back really quickly. Good luck ☺️
How were your results?
I thought they would probably be fast. I know the clotting ones take ages (I’ve had them before) but I’d imagine this is just a quick run through a machine.

How were your results?
I thought they would probably be fast. I know the clotting ones take ages (I’ve had them before) but I’d imagine this is just a quick run through a machine.

results showed that I have ovulated which I am so relieved about. I was on the pill for a long time after having our son 4 years ago and then found out I had pcos. At least I can stop testing opks for this month!

results showed that I have ovulated which I am so relieved about. I was on the pill for a long time after having our son 4 years ago and then found out I had pcos. At least I can stop testing opks for this month!
My daughter is 5 and I’ve been on the mini pill since my 6 week check (November 2015) - you don’t even take a break so I haven’t had a proper cycle for 5 years. I did come off for a few weeks at a time maybe once or twice in that time to allow for a bleed but I probably didn’t even leave it long enough to ovulate. I’ve been off the pill since summer (June/July, can’t remember but I had my first period in August)

That is good that you ovulated! Is there any follow up? Hsg?

My daughter is 5 and I’ve been on the mini pill since my 6 week check (November 2015) - you don’t even take a break so I haven’t had a proper cycle for 5 years. I did come off for a few weeks at a time maybe once or twice in that time to allow for a bleed but I probably didn’t even leave it long enough to ovulate. I’ve been off the pill since summer (June/July, can’t remember but I had my first period in August)

That is good that you ovulated! Is there any follow up? Hsg?
This is our first cycle. I was just worried that my cycle being in regular and being diagnosed with pcos they had to do a 21 blood test to confirm that it was pcos even though the scan showed it.

This is our first cycle. I was just worried that my cycle being in regular and being diagnosed with pcos they had to do a 21 blood test to confirm that it was pcos even though the scan showed it.
Ah right. That’s good that they tested you. Hope you are now in the tww now!

Ah right. That’s good that they tested you. Hope you are now in the tww now!

I am 9 dpo so may test tomorrow although the only test I have left is a cheapie from Savers. I stupidly tested at 7dpo. Not really feeling any symptoms though. How about you ?

I am 9 dpo so may test tomorrow although the only test I have left is a cheapie from Savers. I stupidly tested at 7dpo. Not really feeling any symptoms though. How about you ?
9dpo is still so early though!

I’m not sure exactly when I ovulated. Some time between the 22nd-24th. So I’m just at the start of the tww.

9dpo is still so early though!

I’m not sure exactly when I ovulated. Some time between the 22nd-24th. So I’m just at the start of the tww.

Good luck lovely! Let me know how u get on! I popped to boots today and brought clear blue ov kit that you said you used for next cycle! If there is 10 tests can you use them for two cycles. Im thinking to use my cheap tests and then when I get closer to ov to start using the clear blue. Do you think that would work?

Good luck lovely! Let me know how u get on! I popped to boots today and brought clear blue ov kit that you said you used for next cycle! If there is 10 tests can you use them for two cycles. Im thinking to use my cheap tests and then when I get closer to ov to start using the clear blue. Do you think that would work?
Annoyingly no! The test strips can be used for future cycles but the holder switches off once you get the solid smiley and won’t go back on.

I used 9 this cycle despite getting a solid positive on cd13.

If I’m not pregnant this cycle I’m going to buy the fertility monitor I think. I was really happy with the test trips though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->