21 day blood test

Layla

Reaction score
hey girlys

I cant rememb er who has had this and who hasnt, Im also not sure if this post should be here or in trouble TTC secton, sorry!

I was speaking to a girl on my course last night, her ovarys are blocked plus they are unstable, one month her blood result will be high, enough for triplets! and other months it will be very low.

She said the normal blood level for this test is around 35. hers are always either 6ish or way over 35. I can only take her word for this tho as i know nothing about it

I havent phoned for the results of mine coz i was waiting for my consultant appointment, she was going to tell me there, but being as thats going to be weeks away, i might phone up myself today and see if i can get them.

I just wonderd, for those of you who have had this test, what was your result?

I havent looked in to this atall to be honest, and i dont even know teh proper name for this test, so i will be googling this afternoon!

xx

A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting.

hmm ,maybe she meant her highest level was 35? im confused now

xx

The 21 day test is for PCOS isn't it?

no thats the LH one i think, the day 21 test is to see if you have ovualted

xx

here is a good site that explains in in blonde terms lol

https://www.youngwomenshealth.org/pcosinfo.html

xx

just found this..

Blood Tests
A couple of blood tests will assist in making the diagnosis - one to check the level of androgens, such as testosterone. Another test will measure the hormones involved in egg development - in PCOS there is a characteristic rise in leutenising hormone (LH).

that would explain why i was getting + on the OPK and not ovulateing then

xx

this is so frustrating! Sorry to waffle on to myself but im so pee'd off.

I just phoned the doctors and they said the blood test would have gone to my consultant and they wont get it back untill she has seen it and spoken about it to me, so i phoned my consultnats office and they still cant offer me an apointment yet and once i get teh invite letter it will be in a 6 week window, very annoying being as im meant to see her at the end of this month!!!

They did say however that if i phoned clinic on monday her recptionist might be able to give me the blood results to keep me going till i can get to see her.

So now got to wait another few days before i know whats going on, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

xx

OMG Layla :(

They just don't give a beep half the time :hugs:

omg thats crappy innit .. they should just be able to give you the results over the phone. Make sure you phone and give em what for on Monday!

I had blood tests done to detect ovulation on day 5 (i think) and day 21 but didnt get any results like that .. doctor just said the blood tests were ok .. so got me wondering now.

I wish the NHS would put people first, somethings are enough to send people round the bend!:hissy:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"