21 week old....screaming and overtired!

moggy

Reaction score
My DD has for the past 48 hours refused to nap during the day, she will get herself really overtired yawning and rubbing her eyes ( doing this so much it worries me she'll hurt herself! ) and only go down after a screaming fit and I think she is actually exhausted.

I do watch for her tired queues and I do know that she has a window of about 2 hours wakefulness then she needs a nap. I rock her to sleep and up until 48 hours ago this worked ok even if she only had short naps, I'm finding now that she fights and fights sleep! Its really upsetting me and I'm trying not to show it and keep calm but with tears streaming down my face its a bit difficult.

She also did this last night at bedtime eventually going down at 10pm.

Please has anyone got any advice for a mother at the end of her tether and worried sick about her gorgeous little girl. :cry:

Ruby is younger but she REALLY fights sleep when she is overstimulated. When this happens they just can't switch off, just like adults I guess when our minds are racing about stuff when we go to bed. Maybe have a look at what sort of activities you're doing with her when she's awake and try and wind things down a while before you want her to nap?

Ben went through a stage of fighting his sleep at about 4 1/2 - 5months and still does sometimes. Dont really have other advice from what mum2be_claire says but just want to say you arent alone ...

He normally fights his sleep now for his afternoon nap only, no matter how I hold or stroke him he wriggles and gets more ratty.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"