21day blood test?? Anyone had one?

sammynashley

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone's had a 21day blood test? Me and hubby have been trying for 14months for #3 so went to see the gp, first she took swabs which came back clear and she's now ordered me a scan and told me to book in for a 21day blood test.

Not really sure what a 21 blood test means? What do they look for? :wacko:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I'm having one this cycle too. Except day 21 falls on a weekend for me so actually having a day 23 blood test!

I think they check for thyroid problems and your progesterone levels at approximately 7dpo! Not sure what else they test for though so I'd be interested to know the answer to this too!

Xx

I'm planning on doing one too. I think it's to check your progesterone levels to make sure they are high enough to maintain a pregnancy. Low progesterone causes the lining to fall away and you to get your period. It's meant to be on the 7th day after ov, hence the 21 day which is the "average" 7 days after ov - assuming you ov on day 14 of your cycle. Anyone with anymore info?

I just had my 21 day bloods done. It checked for progesterone, testosterone level, folate and LH. They doc can tell from the results as to whether you are most likely ovulating. I am going back in on Monday to discuss with doctor as still don't 100% understand what they all mean. Will let you know.

Thanks ladies I'm glad others are going through it too, I've got to wait til the 31st for. My blood test, also having a ultrasound done around the same time if not after anyone else having one?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I've had 3 since my miscarriage in March. Ive been on Clomid for 3 cycles now. Just had my CD21 test ran on Sunday(13th). My first month my results were only .29, second month was 5.17, and this month I believe the results were 8.81.

Now, this month my cd21 was only 2-3 days after I ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->