22 days post IUI with no period and BFN

nciscool

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I am new to this site and need some info./guidance please. I have been TTC for 1.5 years & just completed my 4th IUI 22 days ago. I have no period (it's 9 days late) and have tested 4 times, all negative, and had a HCG beta test today that was "less than 1." My doctor wants me to start Aygestine for 7 days to induce a period (I've never had a later period in 25 years). I am "suspect" of this medication, as I have read in many posts that folks had delayed positive tests and believed Aygestine caused miscarriage. I guess I'm wondering if it makes sense to just trust the HCG blood test & take the Aygestine to start from scratch. Doc thinks I didn't Ovulate & that's why i have no period now?? Any thoughts?

I've never heard of Aygestine, but when my midwife wanted to bring my AF on (hadn't had it for months), she gave me Provera which is just basically progesterone. I would ask for something that is just progesterone because if for some reason you end up naturally pregnant or something, it won't make you miscarry.

didn't your doctor monitor your ovulation for the IUI? Or give you a trigger shot?

I've never heard of someone not ovulating during an IUI cycle seeing as most people take medications for it and trigger shots :shrug: I'd be wary of a doctor that thought I hadn't ovulated when they're supposed to monitor your follicles to make sure they do the IUI at a correct time...if you weren't going to ovulate he would have seen that and not proceeded with it!

I'd give it a few more days before taking medication to bring on AF. Sometimes it takes the body a little time to get back on track after an IUI...after my first one it took ages for my period to come because my body was so out of whack with all the medications.

Thank you for responding. I now just figured out it's the fertility meds that causing my hair loss--MY RE said that was not possible but dermatoligist said it was Metformin/Chlomid. so...guess I have to choose between one last IUI before all my hair falls out :(. Yikes. I am age 41 and trying like heck not to have 'missed the bus' in the adventure of motherhood. Glad I found some support :)

PS. Yes-doc did monitor IUI-I had two follies & 190 million sperm & a trigger shot, so it all seemed a go...but here I am with neg. test, HCG of less than 1, and period is 9 days late. Supposed to start the Aygestine tomorrow to start my period to gear up to IUI #4...the last one I can manage as I've found the whole process grueling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->