22 week appointment tomorrow and VBAC thoughts

I don't have any reasoning other than I want the chance to experience a normal labour as last time I didn't at all! This time I want to as this may be my last baby so i want to do all I can to be able to experience it the way it should be. I would never ever opt for a section after the horror of the first one I would accept it if there was no option and for the safety of my baby but I want a vbac I'm very strong on this. I have read up loads and there's so much risk and complications but again the same with a section there's so much so there's not one that weighs better than the other in my eye. I know about the possible chance of a hysterectomy but that's literally last alternative and no other option it's not something that happens or is done hardly ever which is a bonus to know. It's just personal preferable after the experience of the section that i do not want to have one again if all can be helped. I'd take vaginal birth over major abdominal surgery and the recovery times over a section any day! I never got to even enjoy my first few months with my LO due to the pain and lack of mobility I could barley take care of myself and the husband was back to work I had to rely on help from family it was horrendous.

but even a small tear is STILL a rupture and WILL result in a hystorectomy, if you wish to have more children then this is worth taking into account.

how recent was your last csection?

My lo is just over 5 years old so the chance of the rupture is much more minimal than if it was much sooner the scar is a small and neat one and was done very well so it's slim chance of any at it rupturing at all. I do not plan anymore after this baby and I am confused tho as to how you get a small tear will result in a hysterectomy I am thankful for your reply and info but i do fear it's inaccurate from all I have researched and have also been told not by women here but by mw at the maternity etc. if this was the case I am sure little to no woman would attempt a vbac and they more than likely wouldn't even be willing to be performing them.

Hi, I'm currently pushing for a hbac the consultant said hell no but he can't stop me and the midwives have said this too. It's a constant battle. I had a section with my first other than to save this baby I will not have another, it was a horrific and traumatising experience.

I also had gestational diabetes with my first and will be treated as if I have it with this one. I feel that the gd is a bigger problem for the medical team than the risk of rupture. They want me flat on my back and monitored continuously, how the hell is that going to help labour? I'm also planning to decline induction too. I think i'm going to have quite a fight on my hands, but having this baby for me is about making informed choices and calculated risks.
:hugs:

I'm trying to make this decision too, it's so hard x

My hospital will support me to have VBA2C, but I´m only considering this if I go into labour naturally before 40 weeks and the baby isn´t measuring big. These are my own personal considerations and not based on any particular recommendations or data. It´s just how I feel about it.

I found this article which reviews all of the recent clinical data studies on VBA2C vs VBAC vs repeat (3rd CS).

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/sto....2009.02351.x.pdf?v=1&t=iahrwncb&s=791855f0d5

The uterine rupture rates for VBA2C were 1.36% and the total successful VBA2C studied were 4064 (success rate 71.1%). The uterine rupture rates for VBAC were 0.72%.

The hysterectomy rates for VBA2C and 3rd section were 0.5%, no difference. The hysterectomy rate for VBAC was 0.19%.

I´m taking all this into consideration and they are going to look at my notes from the last operation to see the level of scar tissue etc.

I'm Trying to make this decision too - have just read through this thread and still no closer to knowing what to do!

i was only repeating what i was told by my consultant, it was possibly said to scare me to agree to an elective cesarean. after such an amazingly straight forward birth with my last baby, i should be more optimistic, but I'm not. the same risks and worries are still there, regardless of the fantastic experience that i had.
nobody can make the decision for you, but trust me when i say this: "there is NOTHING on earth that can be compared with the feeling of natural childbirth". if you try, at least you can say: you gave it your best shot xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->