22 weeks pregnant tomorrow and hardly any movement today

Bingles

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
Normally when I come home from work and sit down lil bubsy normally goes mad moving and kicking and making me smile but today I have felt nothing. Is this normal. I had a very quick scan yest and the doc said everything looks fine but now I am worried again. why do these things happen just as you are on cloud 9 it does my head in.

aww dont worry...im sure bubs is perfectly fine.
its only after 24 weeks that if u dont feel more than 10 movements a day,u should call mw.
Mine has active days and quiet days....didnt get many kicks today or yesterday,the day b4 however was crazy lol.

Try not to worry hun n just enjoy it.

xx

Thanks sadie I think the one thing that got me worrying too was fizzy drink always gets it going if I cant feel anything and still I got nothing.

dont panic..i dont feel a lot of movement due to anterior placenta and im 23 weeks. My midwife and consultant both said that its actually 26 weeks you should begin to worry if you dont feel 10 movements a day. Although to us we feel quite far on in pregnancy, to the professionals we are still pretty early!!!! I hear my little mans hb every day and hear his kicks on the doppler but only feel him moving sporadically...please dont worry..i know its hard xx

thankyou Bee much appreciated I am a terrible worry wort

i was the exact same as u around 22 weeks, but they do have quite days and mad days i think the quiter days r the days there gaining more strenth and growing. after she had her quite days wen i was around 22 weeks she would go bonkers on me a day or 2 after stronger than ever. im sure everything if fine and normal. they do have quite days .

Thankyou Pink. :)

I have just climbed into bed and I can feel slight movement and while this is great I am thinking this better not be an indication of lil bubsy sleeping patterns lol

I don't know if this works as haven't tried it myself, but on another similar thread I noticed someone say if you drink a glass of ice cold water that can get them to have a little shuffle. My LO is very sporadic and only bubbles or very slight sensations for a couple of days then a nice big wallop. I think I don't feel much when I have chronic heartburn so I think she may just be really high up, busy squishing all my bits and so can't feel as much kicking.:dohh:

I have quieter days as well still and then other days where it seems like the baby just never sleeps or sits still! I'm sure all is well! :)

I feel like that at times, i think i just have a lazy baby lol, im only 19 weeks though and i try to reassure myself that its still early day and the baby will still have sleepy moments where i wont feel it much. I remembr when i was busy working when i was carrying my oldest he had days where he would just rest like me when i finished work, so that could be all it is. Try the pint of cold water and put your feet up after or while your drinking it, that should help. I cant remember when to count kicks, but if your worried call your mw let hes know your worries she will reassure you.

This happend to me last week. I called the midwife and she said that you won't start counting movements until 28 weeks and before then, 1 movement a day is prefectly fine.

She also said that depending on your placenta location and also the babys position he/she maybe kicking frantically and you just simply can't feel it!!!!

For me, by the time I had my scan later that week, baby was laying head down so any kicks were upwards or towards my spine.

PS, at the scan and at my antenatal appt, Bean was well happy ;)

I hope that reassured you as I know how worrying it is xx

Nicola xx

I had a few days of very little preety much no movement at 22-23 weeks. Bubs is still quite small so can be in positions that we can't feel it. Completely normal xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->