22 year old newbie! Looking for advice & friends!

cleeann

Reaction score
I'm Courtney. I'm twenty two years old, and from Kentucky. I'm currently TTC with my SO. I've been tracking my AF on various apps, and my SO & I DTD when the apps say I'm ovulating. This is our first month trying it this way and we want to actually start taking it very seriously.

I found out that I was two months pregnant with my son in September 2013. I packed him to full term, but he was born sleeping on April 28, 2014.

I would appreciate any advice because I'm clueless when it comes to tracking your ovulation or temperatures correctly... I don't know which vitamins I need. Please, if you could feel me in on everything I need to get started trying to conceive my second child, it would mean so much to me.

Also, if any ladies would be interested in making friends, or just interested in having someone to talk too.. Message me anytime. :)

Hey hun!.are your cycles usually regular? Do you know if you ovulate your own?

For taking your temperature take it as soon as you get up on the morning and chart it. A lot of ladies here use Fertility Friend to track BBT. That confirms you are ovulating. As far as vitamins go I'm just taking a prenatal but a lot of ladies here take various supplements for fertility.

Hey hun!.are your cycles usually regular? Do you know if you ovulate your own?

No, I'm not sure honestly. I should have OV this month according to the various apps I have been using, but I haven't recorded my temps or taken any OPKs. But my I'm going to by a thermometer and OPKS and have those handy my next cycle. All of this is a bit confusing at first, I'm not sure where to begin LOL.

For taking your temperature take it as soon as you get up on the morning and chart it. A lot of ladies here use Fertility Friend to track BBT. That confirms you are ovulating. As far as vitamins go I'm just taking a prenatal but a lot of ladies here take various supplements for fertility.

Thank you! :flower:

My name is Amber. Im ttc# 2 as well... trying to figure out charting too... could def use a buddy.

My name is Amber. Im ttc# 2 as well... trying to figure out charting too... could def use a buddy.

I know a little about it. I tried doing it once before and didn't keep up with it. Mind if I add you as a friend? Or maybe messaging me. We could learn together, teach each other as we learn lol.

I've found a bunch of sites and some apps that help with charting/ovulation too. I could send you those if you'd like. :flower:

I know a little about it. I tried doing it once before and didn't keep up with it. Mind if I add you as a friend? Or maybe messaging me. We could learn together, teach each other as we learn lol.

I've found a bunch of sites and some apps that help with charting/ovulation too. I could send you those if you'd like. :flower:

Fertility friend is great for charting and learning what's what when it comes to charting! Click on the chart in my signature to sign up!

Thank you very much. Just curious, can you use a regular thermometer? Or do you you need a specific one to get your BBT?

You're supposed to use a BBT because it's more accurate but I use a regular one

hi cleeann, first of all big big hugs. your son must be in somewhere beautiful right now.

before you rush into charting, pls note that in order for it to work accurately, you need to wake at similar timings every morning and take the temp while in bed. and there needs to be at least 3 hours uninterrupted sleep before that. i charted when TTC #1 but was impossible to chart when TTC #2 because #1 interrupts my sleep all the time. think about if your lifestyle allows you to chart before going into it.

OPKs are not THAT difficult to read once you understand how it works. but you will need to purchase reliable ones. internet cheapies work but have to find the right brand. if you decide to use OPK, we can guide you on how to read them.

most importantly, do you have cervical mucus during ovulation? CM can give you an indication of when you are fertile. and if you do not have CM, it can be quite hard to conceive as the sperm needs the fertile CM to travel to the egg.

shout! and we will try to help. welcome to TTC journey!

im not sure how to pm on this site... just joined too

hello! you can click on our user name (on the left side panel) and it will bring you to the private message screen. try it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->