• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

The combined pill works by stopping ovulation, I think done POP/"mini pill" allow ovulation sine our all cycles. cetreazette stops ovulation in 97% of your cycles.

I was on a POP called Cerelle and that says it doesn't always stop the egg from ripening. That's all the info I could get from that.... but I don't think I ovulated when I was on it. Since coming off it I've had the usual ovulation signs - the cramps and EWCM, which I never experienced at all when I was taking that pill.... So that one might not be what you're after either.

Not exactly given you the answer you're looking for but you'll know which ones NOT to have!!

Birth control pills work by preventing ovulation from occurring. I've never heard of one that still allows ovulation to occur. Maybe ask the doctor at your appointment? There might be something out there that can regulate your periods without acting as a contraception.

If you're not looking to get pregnant yet, you'd still need some other method of protection if you do find one that lets you ovulate at the same time. :flower:

But could there be one that lets you ovulate "unripened" eggs?

Yeah it says Cerelle stop sperm from entering the womb so perhaps that's one that mainly thickens the cervix lining or whatever, like you were saying about.

Birth control pills work by preventing ovulation from occurring. I've never heard of one that still allows ovulation to occur. Maybe ask the doctor at your appointment? There might be something out there that can regulate your periods without acting as a contraception.

If you're not looking to get pregnant yet, you'd still need some other method of protection if you do find one that lets you ovulate at the same time. :flower:

I thought so too, but I keep reading that there are a few mini-pills that prevent pregnancy just by thickening the entrance to the cervix and thinning the lining... I suppose I'll ask my nurse.

MummaMoo - I'll just turn up with a list of things I don't want! :haha:

Learn something new every day! I suck at remembering to take the pill at the same time every day, probably why my doctor has never brought it up as an option. :haha:

Hopefully your appointment will determine what's best for your situation!

It looks like Cerelle may still prevent ovulation for some people, just as a head's up:

https://www.healthexpress.co.uk/the-mini-pill.html

"Some mini-pills, such as Cerezette and Cerelle, can also prevent the process of ovulation, which will stop an egg from being released from the ovaries."

I don't know what your opinion is about condoms but a couple of years ago after years on the pill i wanted to get to know my cycles and decided to just use condoms instead. I was having side effects and wanted to stop putting hormones in my body so for us condoms was the best solution but I know not everybody gets on with them.

Why don't you try a copper coil? They don't have any hormones in them but prevent pregnancy. Then you would still ovulate and be able to 'track' your periods :)

It's definitely an avenue to explore, but I'd be scared of the insertion process - sounds painful! :nope:
hm yes, I know what you mean! I dont have the coil myself (and won't be getting it) so can't really comment on pain but I think you can have it done under a local (or GA is some cases), if it's something you wanted to consider :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"