23 + 4 and no movement

clemma

Reaction score
On Saturday I panicked as I had not felt baby move since Friday. A midwife came to see me and listened in to the heart beat and she said it was perfect. Now, a few days later I still haven't felt baby move. I know I shouldn't worry - at my 22 week scan bubs was very active and I felt nothing and knowing it's heart is good and strong should reassure me, but I can't help worry!

Just wondering if anyone else has had this? I think baby has just moved towards my spine (as does the midwife), but it would be nice to hear other peoples experience of baby movement (or lack of).

a very good friend of mine didnt feel her baby till 30 weeks at all. number one rule, if you are worried phone them and dont get fobbed off. xxxxxx

I had a very quiet weekend the weekend just gone (at exactly the same point as you), and I was getting worried. I have a doppler at home so knew he was ok but if I hadn't have had that, I probably would have got in touch with my midwife.

I think they might be having a growth spurt at this point and have tired themselves out but if you are concerned, I'd give your midwife another ring x

im 23 +3 and i havent felt my daughter move in 3 days now. I started getting pains this morning so im headed straight to the doctors. You did the right thing by letting the midwife know. The doctor told me over the phone that its probably nothing to worry about, but with so much info about the things that could go wrong shoved down our throats its very easy to get worried! If the heartbeat is fine then i think your midwife is probably right, bubs has probably just moved towards your back x

It's far too early to expect regular movement in which to rely on as a basis for wellbeing. Doing an official 'kick count' (google it) isn't recommended until 28-30 weeks at the earliest for this reason. :)

I worry when my LO doesn't kick as much as I'm used to. I don't know if it's coincidence or whatever, but I was on all fours this morning (talking to my cat - don't ask) and since I got back up I've been feeling movement again so maybe it prompted him to turn around.
Worth a shot right?

It's hard not to worry when you have been feeling baby, but I just wondered if others had had this too. I am just looking forward to those regular, stronger movements.

I believe at 23 weeks hun bubs is going through a big growth spurt so they sleep more :D

my son did this to me all the time. From week 24-28 they r supposed to be at their most active but my son was lazy i think lol i was down the hospital nearly every weeks from 24weeks as he wasnt making his 10 kicks a day very often. At one of the growth scans the sonographer pointed out i have a deep pelvis and my son was smaller and he was facing my back so explained the lack of feeling. It took them half hour to find his heartbeat with a doppler at one visit! I nearly fainted with fear. Kids eh? They really know how to scare the life out of u. If the mw was able to find a heartbeat then naturally all is well. And i agree with a pp getting down on all 4's will 'tip' baby forward, they encourage ladies to do this if a back to back labour is likely. So it is worth a shot :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->