24 and baby fever?? Normal?

Kalesgirlxo

Reaction score
Is 24 y/o too young?

Give me your honest answers.
I always feel a strong urge.. and I can't seem to control it. Is there something wrong with me?

24 is not too young. I've looked after mums way younger than that, many of whom had planned the baby. I've also looked after mums younger than that having their 2nd 3rd and 4th babies!

I became a mum last year at 23. My son was very much wanted and tried for, having him at 23 was the best decision I've made. I'm young enough that I can have all of my children by 30 and will still be young when they move out! I would definitely say that age is just a number when it comes to having a baby and your situation is much more important. My husband and I have our own house and are financially stable so bringing a baby into our lives wasn't going to be too much of a financial struggle for us. I'd definitely tell anyone who was considering a baby at my age and was in a stable relationship and financially stable to go for it! A baby takes 9 months to cook and needs making first ;) deciding to have a baby doesn't mean it'll be here tomorrow so you have plenty of time to prepare. We are planning our next one now!

I'm 26 in 2 months and I have been seriously, all-consuming my broody since 21. My situation is maybe slightly different though as my broodiness was brought on by an unplanned pregnancy and losing the baby. I have focused on achieving some personal goals since then, such as finishing my honours degree, completing a years training to make me fully qualified, buying a house which is suitable for a young family, and "living my life" for a while by going on nice holidays and being able to go out at the drop of a hat.

I agree with pp, it isn't about age it is more about situation. I have been broody since 21 but only seriously emotionally ready since 22, I feel my relationship was ready by about 23 and financially we have been ready for a few months now. I know people who had kids younger than me and were fine, but based on my personal goals (and obviously my partners!) now is probably the ideal time for us. There is no way we would have been on the holidays which we have done, there is no way I would have my career, there is no way we would have owned a home if we had tried for a baby when I really wanted to. But my friend had her first at 17 and never complains or feels she missed out as her goals were different than mines.

The one thing I would bear in mind is that you can undo a baby. Get your eggs in a basket first, then have a baby. If you feel you are truly ready (and not just broody) then go for it!

24 is not too young to become a parent. There's a wrong time when you're not ready but in my opinion 24 isn't too young.

I'm 24 and pregnant :)
Like others have said it really is more about your situation rather than age. I've been with my husband for four years now, he has a great job where I can comfortably stay at home to raise a baby. I'd be more concerned about being financially/emotionally stable enough for a baby, rather than how old you are!

I don't think so at all. I'm 24 and incredibly broody. We're just waiting on OH's job situation and then I think we'll be about ready to TTC. We may not even get married first! I'm like you, I'd like to be a younger mom.

When I had my first I got pregnant at 24, gave birth at 25. Then found that was the average age for having your first child. So I guess it is quite common to be broody at 24!

Of course it's not too young! Biologically it's the perfect time to have babies! The perfect time is when you are ready and your partner are ready :)

24 isn't too young! If you and your partner are ready for this life-changing and lifelong responsibility at 24, it's a perfect age :)

I think 24 is a perfectly normal age to start feeling like that. I was 23 when I was hit by my first really strong wave of baby fever and it's come and gone since then. Although it's back with a vengeance now (aged 25) but luckily we should be TTC soon! It's not weird at all to start wanting to have babies in you early to mid twenties or lots of us would be very weird! :haha:

When I had my first I got pregnant at 24, gave birth at 25. Then found that was the average age for having your first child. So I guess it is quite common to be broody at 24!

My brother's girlfriend will be 25 when she gives birth to their first child in July. She told me yesterday that she's 16 weeks aka four months. I'm sooo excited about becoming an aunt. :happydance:

did somebody tell you that 24 was too young?! Or why do you think that? 24 does not sound young at all... the general consensus I believe would agree. Now, each person feels differently about themselves, but I wouldn't even close to think someone else is too young if I knew someone was 24 and pregnant. It felt too young for myself, but that's about it. When I think "too young" I think a teenager or even 20 sounds young, but that's really I think just because it's under 21, the "adult" age. 20 sounds way younger than 21 for some reason haha. But even then I wouldn't necessarily judge. I think 24 sounds fairly normal to start desiring a child!

It's hard, because there is a four year age gap in our relationship. He's younger, so i'm always feeling like i'm so far ahead…He is extremely mature for his age and doesn't at all seem younger, but the age factor is still there and it haunts me. Definitely feeling like i'm in a bit of a rut, and this wave of broodiness is not helping at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->