24 dpo, AF is 10 days late. BFNs... (updated and concluded)

stiletto_mom

Reaction score
DPO are approximate.
Using: Clearblue Advanced Digitial Ovulation Predictor Kit
Cycle: 5

3 days of high fertility
"peak" day on cycle day 18

Cycle Day 15 - high fertility, no bd
Cycle Day 16 - high fertility, :sex:
Cycle Day 17 - high fertility, no bd
Cycle Day 18 - peak fertility, :sex:, stopped OPK
1 dpo - nothing :sex:
2 dpo - nothing
3 dpo - nothing (wanted to bd but DH just wasn't in the mood)
4 dpo - nothing
5 dpo - light spotting
6 dpo - light spotting
7 dpo - light spotting
8 dpo - nothing
9 dpo - nothing (went skiing, wiped out, bruises and minor whiplash)
10 dpo - increased libido, :sex:, tension
11 dpo - sore breasts, increased libido, sore body (probably from the fall)
12 dpo - twinging pain on left side, trouble concentrating, dull headache (can't tell what is pre-AF symptoms, early pregs or from wiping out)
13 dpo - light cramping, shakiness, trouble concentrating, slightly faint/fatigued
14 dpo - light cramping, twinging on left side, sore breasts, clear mucousy discharge which is odd (due for AF today or tomorrow), symptoms of low blood pressure and sugar (ugh, how hard did I fall. This is totally messing me up) Did a dollar store hot test. Negative. :bfn:
15 dpo - light cramping, twinging on left side, sore breasts, clear mucousy discharge continued, symptoms of low blood pressure and sugar still present. AF is a day late, still no signs of usual spotting.
16 dpo - light cramping, sore breasts, "gut" nausea. Still no spotting. AF is two days late. Took another dollar store hpt test - negative. :bfn:
17 dpo - nothing but sore breasts. No AF. :sex:
18 dpo - light cramping, sore breasts, "gut" nausea, light-headedness and weak spells. Still no spotting. AF is four days late.
19 dpo - twinging pain on left side again, lower back ache, sore breasts. Still no spotting, AF is five days late.
20 dpo - light cramping here and there. Still no spotting, AF is six days late. Took a dollar store hpt :bfn:. I'm going to stop testing now until AF shows up.
21 dpo - gas and astriction, cervix came down last night
22 dpo - gas, easily irritated. No AF. Dollar store HPT - negative :bfn: :sex: Late night symptoms included cramping, nausea and fatigue.
23 dpo - gassy. cervix is up in the middle, creamy cm.
24 dpo - AF is 10 days late. took FRER :bfn:

Extra notes

My usual AF symptoms
- spotting a week before AF
- mood swings/irritability a week before AF
- headache, bad cramp, bloating, sore breasts the day before AF
- increased libido maybe 2 - 3 days before AF

Symptoms signaling pre-AF this time:
- sore breasts
- light cramping
- increased libido

Symptoms that are out of the ordinary:
- fatigue/light-headedness, shaking hands
- clear mucous-y discharge
- no spotting
- no irritability/mood swings
- no headache

Non-Pregnancy things that might be affecting these changes:
- skiing wipe out, minor whiplash last weekend
- stress from the above event resulting in delayed AF?
- symptoms look like low blood sugar/pressure, but my diet hasn't changed ... so it's strange

You said you spotted from 5-7 dpo in your symptoms list. But, in your "out of the ordinary symptoms" you said you didn't spot. Did you forget you spotted or was the spotting so light you considered it abnormal?

Where were your breasts sore? The whole breast, underneath, on the sides? And where are your breasts normally sore?

Was your last AF normal?

Are you ever late? If not I would say wait around for AF. You may not have O'd and that can explain why you are late since you are testing negative on HPT. Or, you may have O'd late and didn't know.

That is what we have to deal with unfortunately when we don't temp. I know I do. I have no idea what dpo I am, I am thinking around 10 dpo. I just don't have the patience to temp at this time.

If you are up for it, try temping this month and you will know EXACTLY when you O and you won't be in limbo like this again. I know how confusing that is.

You said you spotted from 5-7 dpo in your symptoms list. But, in your "out of the ordinary symptoms" you said you didn't spot. Did you forget you spotted or was the spotting so light you considered it abnormal?

The spotting was super light and it was gone. For the past 6 months I've spotting the full week leading up to AF, so the spotting from 5-7dpo didn't seem relevant.

Where were your breasts sore? The whole breast, underneath, on the sides? And where are your breasts normally sore?
Underneath and the nipple mainly.

Was your last AF normal?
No it was oddly very light. So much so, that I almost didn't "count" it as a regular AF. But I did use the OPK and it did detect an LH surge.

Are you ever late? If not I would say wait around for AF. You may not have O'd and that can explain why you are late since you are testing negative on HPT. Or, you may have O'd late and didn't know.

That is what we have to deal with unfortunately when we don't temp. I know I do. I have no idea what dpo I am, I am thinking around 10 dpo. I just don't have the patience to temp at this time.

If you are up for it, try temping this month and you will know EXACTLY when you O and you won't be in limbo like this again. I know how confusing that is.

My cycles are usually 60-70% predictable. Sometimes they come like clockwork, other times not at all, so I have no clue. I actually started temping yesterday. If I don't get AF this month, when should I start using the OPK?

Thanks for the input!

It sounds like your cycles are really thrown off. Do you have any children or ever been pregnant?

The spotting may be due to low progesterone. I think you should begin temping right away and make an appointment with a fertility acupuncturist. You definitely have a hormonal imbalance going on. For now it will be good to stop all lotions, conditioners and shampoos that aren't all natural. A lot of those products contain estrogens which give us hormonal imbalances.

Don't be alarmed or worry. Acupuncture is excellent and it allows your body to relax and correct itself! I prefer this versus going to the doctor because they always prescribe medicine. Your acupuncturist may tell you to get herbs or may not. I have had what I would describe as perfect cycles only after acupuncture!

They key is to really relax while you are having your sessions. Our bodies are very smart and you may just have a blockage.

Also, OPK's detect LH surges but that doesn't guarantee ovulation. I have had all the signs leading up to O and not O'd.

I really urge you to make an appointment. You usually only go one time a week and the success rate is ridiculously high.

Going to test this Friday if AF hasn't shown up by then.

Giving up.

I'm concluding that this was an anovulatory cycle.

24 dpo, CD 42, no sign of AF. BFN on all tests.

Final update to this thread.

AF showed up on CD 43 - 44.
I either ovulated over a week late, or didn't ovulate at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->