24 month old - how much milk?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Laucu, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Laucu

Laucu Well-Known Member

Just curious to see how much milk other toddlers at Emma's age drink....

She usually has around 6-7oz in the morning and the same before bed, but the last few days has refused to drink any milk at all! It is probably a phase, or because she has been ill recently....but it just got me wondering what the 'norm' is for her age.

2. mummy_ellie09

mummy_ellie09 Me, Liam, Josh and William

J has 6oz of milk before bed and 2oz in his tea in a morning

3. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Omar doesn't drink milk anymore. He gets around 3 oz in his morning cereals, another 3 oz with his cereals before bedtime, 1 or 2 90 grm plain pots of yoghurt + 1-2 cheese squares. I give him vit D drops every morning xx

4. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

When Connah turned 2 we never really measured oz but he does drink alot. He will easily get through a pint for himself in 2 days. He loves it x

5. RachA

RachA Well-Known Member

Esther's is a bit hit and miss. Some days she does't drink any. Other days she'll drink 2 full beakers (not sure how much they take but assume about 6oz). She does have milk on her breakfast usually - most days at the moment it's porridge and it takes a lot of milk to make that for Esther, Daniel and myself.

6. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Very little but more than he used to. Probably about 2-4 ounces plus whatever he has on his cereal. He wouldn't drink any milk from 11 months until 22 months, although he was still breastfeeding. He only started drinking a little bit of milk after he stopped breastfeeding.

7. Laucu

Laucu Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies :)

I do try to bump up Emma's dairy intake on the days that Emma refuses her milk... luckily she is a lover of cheese and yoghurt!

Is there a recommended amount once they turn 2?

8. Pink_Tinks

Pink_Tinks Well-Known Member

Cor i havent measured milk in aaaages!!
    Harrie will usually have a cup of milk either with breakfast or morning snack, and a cup before bed with a biscuit. On Tuesday she probably drank about 2 pints!! Shes not been too well n just wanted milk not water so why not!

She also drinks the milk from her cereal bowl once shes finished - its sooo funny lol

9. sleeping bubs

sleeping bubs 1 son and 3 angels

Mckenzie has 300mls of his high calorie milk a day plus cows milk in his porridge, he eats loads of yogurts and cheese