24 weeks no weight gain..help!

mummy katie

Reaction score
im so worried because i havent gained any weight, is this normal, what will my midwife do about this???

thanks for any help xx

Were you sick at all in your first tri? I know I lost a good amount of weight in my first trimester, and so haven't gained anything yet. Other than that, as long as baby has been healthy at all scans I'm sure all is good. They might have you track your diet and see if you need anything extra, at least that's what my OB told me would happen if I don't gain any weight later on.

I havn't gained that much at all.
I felt sick all through 1st tri and now im eating like an animal so think i will pile the weight on soon!

i wouldn't worry about it hun. Im 24 weeks and I've only put 3lb on so far. Im sure your baby will be fine and getting all it needs from you x

I lost 4 lbs in the beginning, and I have only gained 1 lb back. I'm 26 weeks pregnant today. I think I may have gained a couple more pounds in the passed week or two. I go for my next appointment on the 21st.

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. In first tri i lost a heck of alot of weight instead of gaining it and i didn't even suffer for horrendously bad morning sickness it just happened and then again in the middle of second tri at around 20 weeks i had gained a total of 9 pounds up until that point and then for 2 weeks i only gained 2 pounds but it was just the way my body was working but i freaked as you would but i had nothing to worry about because baby was fine and was growing well and she was measuring her correct weeks and after all that panic a few days later i weighed myself to discover i had gained 4 pounds !! So i wouldn't worry sometimes you have good weeks and bad weeks.

i wouldnt worry, my friend only picked up just under 10lbs her whole pregancy and she has a beautiful happy and healthy boy! you wouldnt say she was pregnant to look at her only towards end her bump came out!

I wouldn't worry that's a good thing! I'm 24 weeks and only put 1lb on, which is probably how much baby weighs.

Don't worry I'm the same but m/w said most weight gain is in 3rd tri. As long as baby is measuring well then everything is fine

I havent gained anything but baby has. Don't stress. It's normal for some people. So far everythings normal for me. I'm sure all is fine:)

I've not gained anything yet either. Baby is measuring spot on. It was the same when I was pg with my son, gained all my weight from about 25-26 weeks onwards x

unless you were really underweight pre-pregnancy, I wouldn't worry.

I haven't put any on either - providing baby is growing it doesn't matter hunny!

aww thanks everyone for all your replies!! reassured me a little bit more, iv got my midwife app in 2weeks so hopefully evrything will get the okay then. both my scan were fine i think they would have surely told me if the baby was small for dates. fingers crossed anyway. thanks again ladies xxx:winkwink:

If your dr/mw isn't worried and progress is on track then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I lost 15lbs in first-tri and now at 20 weeks I've just about gained back 2/3rds of it. :)

What was your pre-pregnancy weight like. If it was normal or oven overweight I wouldn't worry about it. If you were super thin, you may want to start more closely monitoring what you eat an add some healthy high calorie snacks.

Just wondering how you ladies who posted (or who are maybe reading this for the first time) are dealing with lack or weight gain? have you since started to put on weight. i haven't put on more than a couple of pounds...i am still underweight. i think i feared weight gain so much, i have been overly strict with my eating. i have a nice round bump, and all was well at my 20-week obgyn visit and ultrasound, but i am a bit skinny elsewhere (butt, arms, legs)...oh...but my boobs are enormous!

Don't worry! I'm 21+4 and not put any weight on. My baby girl is perfectly healthy and growing well she's taking what she needs from me.

Don't worry! I'm 21+4 and not put any weight on. My baby girl is perfectly healthy and growing well she's taking what she needs from me.

i think that really is the case! i noticed that certain "fat reserves" I had pre-pregnancy (a little on my back thighs) are gone! and I started out very thin. it is like my baby said..."um..excuse me...if you aren't using those love handles...i'll take em!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->