I used them last cycle days 1-5 and got my positive opk on cd 15 as opposed to cd 20

I used them last cycle days 1-5 and got my positive opk on cd 15 as opposed to cd 20

That sounds promising. How much did you take per day?? And any recommendations on where i should buy them from?

yes i was actually pleasantly surprised :) i actually conceived my son by using them, after 4 cycles i used them on my 5th and it worked! i started using them again last cycle but instead of days 2-6 like i did with my son, i used them 1-5, now i'm trying them 2-6 again i just took my last pills last night:happydance: hoping they work their magic again but not sure if it will or not.

i took them as follows:
CD2: 100mg
CD3: 100mg
CD4: 100mg
CD5: 150mg
CD6: 150mg

as for where you can buy them i assume most pharmacies and health food stores have them, or you can buy them on Amazon. some doses are in 50mg tabs like mine and some are in 40mg its whatever you prefer or can find. You need to take them around the same time and its better if you do it at night

Following. I just started looking into this and haven't been able to find too many personal experiences.

I have PCOS and either ovulate late/not at all. We want to start trying in the fall and I planned on just taking femara again, however I kinda want to start these at the start of my next cycle just to see if it works.

I'm trying them this cycle, after having two consecutive chemical pregnancies. I'm taking them days 3-7, doses 120, 160, 160, 200, 200. I got mine from Tesco.

If you google it, there's a great thread on I think Babycentre, listing success stories with soy, there's loads!

I used soy with my last pregnancy because my LP sucked and got pregnant the first month on it! :D

I have pcos and took soy this month. I took it days 3-7

Day 3: 80mg (mis read how much soy iso was in it)
Day 4-7: 200mg.

It is half the strength of clomid so if you would normally take 100mg of clomid you take 200mg of soy iso.

It didn't bring on O early BUT I got a cold around my previous O time of cd16 and I had other signs I was going to O then but because of the cold it didn't happen. According to my temps on FF I ovulated on cd 26. After my mc 2 years ago my O date changed to cd 19-21 (constantly shifted). It used to be cd 17. So it is likely the soy tried to make me O early but I O'd late due to the cold.

I have no way to confirm ovulation because I'm doing this on my own. I have had no side effects.

I got my soy at GNC. It's called Soy Isoflavone concentrate. here is a link for them. https://www.gnc.com/herbs-o-s/420013.html?cgid=herbs-o-s#start=1

These pills have only 20 mg of soy iso in them (the other 30mg is other stuff) so depending on what dose you do (usually a min of 100mg of soy) depends on how many pills you take.

I am 6dpo I believe, I have a few symptoms that seem promising.

i actually just got a cold now too hoping it won't mess up my o too much :(

i've been having a few little pains in my ovaries i think, kind of like when i took them the last time to get preg with my son so i hope it works!

yes. It's marketed for menopausal women as it mimics estrogen if taken every day. But it mimics how clomid works if taken at a higher dose for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle.

I bought the soy isoflavones but on the bottle.it say usually used for menopausal symptoms. Did I get the correct stuff? ? Want to make sure I have it right before using it

you got it!

Hey!

I used them days 3-7 and if I remember correctly started at 120mg and increased up to 200mg. It brought my O forward by two days so not huge. But my ovulation was definitely stronger! I never got O pains but that month I did. I also got my BFP!

Do research it though. There is one really good page that discusses the days to take in relation to bringing forward O, making mature follicular etc. I went for the balance of earlier O and mature follicules. I'll try to find it for you and post if I do.

Some things to consider is that for some it can actually delay or stop ovulation. I've read that often that happens with people with PCOS. Also you have an increased chance of multiples if that's something that bothers you. Finally make sure to read the back as although my pills were 80mg there was only 50mg soy isoflsvones, so make sure to check this!

I'm a huge fan of soy as I'm currently expecting my soy baby!

Exciting! Please keep us updated. Fingers crossed for your soy baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->