25 and complete.

Charlotteee

Married Mum/Stepmum of 4
Reaction score
I'm 25 and my soon to be husband is 35.

We have a 4 year old son together and he has three other boys.

As a 25 year old, making this decision has definitely not been an easy one.

Based on the fact OH doesn't want any more children.

I also see it as we can spoil Jenson more - he can have everything he wants (within reason) we can go on nice holidays and buy a better house but he also gets the other side of having siblings with his three older brothers.

Is there anyone else in here so young that is done having children?

I am thinking of either being sterilised or OH getting a vasectomy.

I know that its a HUGE decision at 25 to completely take away the choice of having more children but now we have sat and spoke we are definitely done having kids.

xxxx

I'm also 25, OH is 24 and we are done. We have an almost 3 year old little boy and a 6 month old baby girl. Definitely feel complete. People kee telling us not to rule out another, we are still young etc but we are definitely both complete!

I'm glad i'm not the only one.

It's awkward when people say when are you having others and I'm like i'm not. Then they say it's not fair I only have one and he has 4. Well actually I also have four. I knew he had children :dohh:

xxx

I'm also young and done! I'm still pregnant, but most definitely done after this one. I'm one of those people that would probably never be done if I didn't have to be, but I'm cutting myself off at 3. We wanted two close together, and that was going be it. Then this baby was an "oops" and I just know we need to be done. We have a good sized 3 bedroom house but it wouldn't accommodate more than 3 kids comfortably. Plus we struggle to afford the two we have now, and we'll really have to work to afford a third. So for many reasons, I am done having kids by 25. OH is 28. Right now, I'm trying to decide between getting my tubes tied and forcing OH into getting snipped. Lol.
Sometimes it feels strange to be done having kids before most of my friends have even started their families!

I am 26 years old with 4 children, and up until 2 weeks ago, I was fairly certain I was DONE. After a pregnancy scare last month, I've completely changed my mind and want to try for another one. I think I might be crazy. :dohh:

I was 26 when I had my youngest 3 years ago, we don't want any more although not doing anything permanent yet. My youngest has just been potty trained and we get the free 15/30 free hours of childcare next year so have managed to book our first foreign holiday with the boys, I definitely feel like we have well and truly moved on from the baby stage, I'm not broody at all.

I am turning 25 next month. We have a 4 year old girl and we have a newborn girl (born on Halloween). I got my tubes tied so we are done. It feels weird and it was my decision but I know it's for the best.

I'm 27 (is that young?!) We're pretty sure that we're done after this baby. It's my 2nd and OHs first but I've had 4 previous losses and pregnancy isn't very easy on me. Tbh I didn't think I'd have any more after DS so having a 2nd is huge! I feel ok with the decision just now though and Steven is quite happy having just one of his own.

We probably won't make it permanent for a long time but contraception works well enough for me.

Yup. I was done when my son was born at 22. It took us over two years to conceive, several losses, and the birth caused severe trauma. It was too painful for us to think of trying again. Then I ended up single with a 1 year old. Then I was in a relationship for 2 years and he left me because I can't have more... that was the only time I regretted being done and felt sad about it, I wanted to have a baby with him but it's just not possible.

But... It turned out well. Now I'm 29 and very happy to have one child because I can give him a better life than I could with multiple children. :) And he has some extra needs that make it better to be an only child. I don't feel we are less of a family just because there's two of us, though I have encountered some people who are judgy or mean about that. We are happy and healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->