25 and trying to conceive. Need a buddy!

Cath_Heather

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

So my OH and I have decided to start trying in my next cycle( give or take in a weeks time). I am very nervous and I feel like I don't really have anyone in my personal life to talk to about it, without being judged

I started buying baby stuff months ago haha. Already have my nappy stash or at least most if it. I have loads of baby clothes, breast pump etc. Any other crazy women out there or is it jist me?

Look forward to meeting some lovely ladies xx

Hey!
I'm new to this forum and was looking around for some TTC buddies too! I'm 26 years old, TTC this year and have my research done for it and kinda ready to accept the change without freaking out!! **fingers crossed**

I love how excited you are about your to-be-born and have everything ready to welcome him/her :)

We're going to give it a try after 2/3 cycles as I need to reduce my weight a bit. I weigh 135 lbs now and I'm aiming at 128 lbs.

So, let's keep in touch! Good luck to you :)

Hey!
I'm new to this forum and was looking around for some TTC buddies too! I'm 26 years old, TTC this year and have my research done for it and kinda ready to accept the change without freaking out!! **fingers crossed**

I love how excited you are about your to-be-born and have everything ready to welcome him/her :)

We're going to give it a try after 2/3 cycles as I need to reduce my weight a bit. I weigh 135 lbs now and I'm aiming at 128 lbs.

So, let's keep in touch! Good luck to you :)

Hello pretty lady! So nice to meet you!
My name is Catherine btw :)

My OH seems to think it will happen quickly for us but I'm sceptical due to hormonal problems. My period seems to only last 2 days(very light) and a third day of spotting. My doctor says it's normal but I cant get my head around it being so light and short.

Are you planning on using ovulation tests?

I'm currently gyming as well in the hopes I'll loose a few kgs but my instructor doesnt know I'm trying so she is pushing me to the limits. I'm constantly exhausted and I know that isn't optimal for trying to conceive. But I really need to get my body in shape so I don't become a blob when pregnant haha

Hello pretty lady! So nice to meet you!
My name is Catherine btw :)

My OH seems to think it will happen quickly for us but I'm sceptical due to hormonal problems. My period seems to only last 2 days(very light) and a third day of spotting. My doctor says it's normal but I cant get my head around it being so light and short.

Are you planning on using ovulation tests?
Nice to meet you Catherine :)

I'm still not trying any Ovulation tests because I won't be giving it a shot for 2 more cycles.
I need to come down to what I used to weigh 2 years ago(before wedding) as back then I had a very active lifestyle. Now I'm immobile, haha.
So, I'll start with Ovulation tests after 2 cycles.

I'm currently gyming as well in the hopes I'll loose a few kgs but my instructor doesnt know I'm trying so she is pushing me to the limits. I'm constantly exhausted and I know that isn't optimal for trying to conceive. But I really need to get my body in shape so I don't become a blob when pregnant haha

Yes exactly!
I'm trying hard too for the same reason!! I don't want to look distorted after conceiving or delivery.

Just concentrate on thighs, abdomen, hips at the gym. Try not to do anything extra, because it will exhaust you... I feel its best to let your instructor know what you're aiming at, and try to work out for improving body flexibility and healthy bones. Most people try to reduce weight instantly and end up gaining more after a few months. So be cautious about the exercise you do at the gym.

I went to the gym for 4 months for weight loss and gained a boyish look (with broad shoulders, hard thighs, etc) so I stopped going there and started doing Yoga at home. I watch Youtube videos and do Yoga at home for about 30-40 mins. This is helping me.

Yes exactly!
I'm trying hard too for the same reason!! I don't want to look distorted after conceiving or delivery.

Just concentrate on thighs, abdomen, hips at the gym. Try not to do anything extra, because it will exhaust you... I feel its best to let your instructor know what you're aiming at, and try to work out for improving body flexibility and healthy bones. Most people try to reduce weight instantly and end up gaining more after a few months. So be cautious about the exercise you do at the gym.

I went to the gym for 4 months for weight loss and gained a boyish look (with broad shoulders, hard thighs, etc) so I stopped going there and started doing Yoga at home. I watch Youtube videos and do Yoga at home for about 30-40 mins. This is helping me.

My period started yesterday so I'm officially onto my first cycle trying. I may hold off for one more cycle as its going to be a stressful month at work. We're currently short staffed so I pretty much have to do 3 peoples work. Not fun.

Regarding gym, once I'm there I always feel like I want to be pushed or push myself. I get into a zone. My instructor said that im going too excessive for a "beginner". So she noticed it yesterday too. I enjoy doing the step classes and full body work out.

Hey! This is our first cycle trying, im 23 and we’re trying for our 2nd :hi:!

My period started yesterday so I'm officially onto my first cycle trying. I may hold off for one more cycle as its going to be a stressful month at work. We're currently short staffed so I pretty much have to do 3 peoples work. Not fun.

Regarding gym, once I'm there I always feel like I want to be pushed or push myself. I get into a zone. My instructor said that im going too excessive for a "beginner". So she noticed it yesterday too. I enjoy doing the step classes and full body work out.
That's not fun at all for having to do 3 people's work! Ufff....
About gyming...you go girl! That's really awesome :)

Good luck for the first TTC cycle :) Keep in touch!

Hey girls. I’m 29 and trying to convince my first. I haven’t had any luck yet and have been trying on and off for the last 3 years. As I’m 30 next year we have started to consistently try. I’m hoping to at least be pregnant before I’m 30 and no issues arise.

This cycle I’m 2DPO after missing my ovulation last month due to sickness and night shifts due to my rotating roster.

Fingers crossed and baby dust to everyone.

Hey girls. I’m 29 and trying to convince my first. I haven’t had any luck yet and have been trying on and off for the last 3 years. As I’m 30 next year we have started to consistently try. I’m hoping to at least be pregnant before I’m 30 and no issues arise.

This cycle I’m 2DPO after missing my ovulation last month due to sickness and night shifts due to my rotating roster.

Hi Kimmy! Welcome to TTC club ;) Wish you good luck :)

Hi Kimmy!
Lovely meeting you!

I have all fingers and toes crossed you'll be pregnant before 30. Are you trying anything new? Ovulation tests, checking cervix etc.
X

My husband has on and off moods TTC. He still does not give me 100% yes answer whenever I ask. But I am really wanting to have a baby this year. Any advice?
Urrgh that would annoy me so much. I'm sorry he is being difficult. Does he know you aren't on any contraceptives? If he does and still has unprotected baby dancing with you then he secretly does want a baby ;)
Have you spoken to him?

Hi Kimmy!
Lovely meeting you!

I have all fingers and toes crossed you'll be pregnant before 30. Are you trying anything new? Ovulation tests, checking cervix etc.
X
Nothing new as per say, just being more in tuned with my body and making sure we are timing our love making.
I have always charted my cycles so I’ve always known when I’m ovulating, just have had new jobs, fitness comps ect that I’ve done which has made now the perfect time to actually start properly trying. Have also finally got hubby on board after him being a bit scared I think in the past. He knows how much I want it though and I know he’ll be the best dad ever!! :)

Urrgh that would annoy me so much. I'm sorry he is being difficult. Does he know you aren't on any contraceptives? If he does and still has unprotected baby dancing with you then he secretly does want a baby ;)
Have you spoken to him?
Yeah he knows that I have never gone for BCPs. He always has protected baby dancing though. He keeps telling me that we'll have a baby whenever I am ready. But even after I said that I am ready for it, almost 2 months ago, he does want to wait more longer. :( I am so much excited about having a baby, but he seems scared or whatever. I don't understand.

PS: we have been going through tough times in our relationship since November 2018. We had few differences regarding our families and its been taking a toll on both our mental health. But somewhere I feel that if we have something new in our lives, like a new baby, we'll get diverted and be more happier. He seems to be brooding over past issues and has doubts about us carrying our relationship together as parents I guess. Its been really depressing for me because our past differences may have affected our future lives altogether. I am so out with all these, I want to get a change. Don't know when thats gonna happen....

Yeah he knows that I have never gone for BCPs. He always has protected baby dancing though. He keeps telling me that we'll have a baby whenever I am ready. But even after I said that I am ready for it, almost 2 months ago, he does want to wait more longer. :( I am so much excited about having a baby, but he seems scared or whatever. I don't understand.

PS: we have been going through tough times in our relationship since November 2018. We had few differences regarding our families and its been taking a toll on both our mental health. But somewhere I feel that if we have something new in our lives, like a new baby, we'll get diverted and be more happier. He seems to be brooding over past issues and has doubts about us carrying our relationship together as parents I guess. Its been really depressing for me because our past differences may have affected our future lives altogether. I am so out with all these, I want to get a change. Don't know when thats gonna happen....
This might not be the thing you want to hear, but bringing a baby into your life is going to put more stress on your relationship not less. You should work on your relationship and make sure it is strong enough to cope before adding a baby. My sister in law was in a similar situation with her last partner, got pregnant to try and fix it and things got really bad really quick. He didn’t even want to baby. Move on 5 years and she now has a little family with a new man and is much happier and there is no stress. Luckily her ex loves their child and they do parent better then they ever parented and she now has a second 4 month old with her husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->