25 weeks and bra advice pls

trying4#1

Reaction score
hiya

i hope you dont mind me posting here from 2nd tri...i was hoping for some advice from those of you that are further along than me and have seen a change to their bra sizes please...

im nearly 25 weeks and in need of a bra (not cos they dont fit, they just look very very tatty).. im trying to keep my costs low but dont want to end up having to buy a bra now, to need another one a few weeks down the line!...so, do you think that to get through the next 3 mths, i should get a slightly bigger, normal, nonwired bra, or should i invest in a special maternity bra (which do cost more) now? additionally, when should i buy a nursing bra for after the birth...do i even need one really?

i would stick to cheap inderwired just now coz i just dont get nursing bras during pregnancy doesnt make a lot of sense as your boobs could change before you actually need a nursing bra - maternity bras are a rip off in my opinion - not any different to a well fitted underwired - other than price

Whilst my boobs were still growing I just bought cheap bras from Asda...plain T shirt bras for about £4.

They seemed to settle at about 32ish weeks (can't remember exactly!) and my underwired bras were getting really uncomfortable! I went and got measured at Mothercare, the woman was lovely! I bought a pack of two maternity bras but to be honest they just look like sports bras to me, I reckon sports bras would do the same job and they are a damn sight cheaper!!

Nursing bras are for when BFing so depends if you are planning to BF or not? If you are planning on getting a maternity bra the lady at Mothercare said to go at about 37/38 weeks to be measured and they would usually advise to get maybe a cup size bigger as boobs will prob grow even more when your milk comes in!!

Hope that helps a little!!

I went out and got my nursing bra's a couple of weeks ago (at about 37 weeks). Got measured (bigger than the bra i was wearing) and the lady also said to get one cup size up, so that trip cost me a few quid as I had to get bigger everyday bra's and the nursing bra's...

i would just do what suzanne108 said and get some cheapies from your supermarket, coz you may not be wearing them for long. So long as you know you are wearing the right size bra now then you should be ok. If not, there is no harm in getting measured (ie, at mothercare or debenhams). At least you know your boobies will be supported properly then :D

thankyou very much for replying - i will defo go out and buy a cheap sports bra for now and then get measured up for a nursing bra (to BF after birth) at 38weeks.

asda have some nice ones in at the moment for £3, i just brought a bigger cup size and there a pretty good fit even though there a tiny bit too big, but they will last longer and my boobs still need to fill up a bit....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->