26 degrees

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
Well, yesterday it was 24 in the bedroom so LO was dressed in no sleeved vest, thin sleepsuit and a single sheet. Tonight i've not really had a clue! So... I just did the vest, sleepsuit and no covers. She's sleeping alright but she just had her 3rd lot of jabs yesterday, i'm just needing some reassurance she'll be alright I spose?! lol I have left the poppers undone on her sleepsuit at the bottom and two at the top. I'll keep checking on her, I guess it's all I can do. Just hope it cools down a bit soon!

xxx

Its 26deg in Erins room and I have put her in a long sleeved vest and a 1tog sleeping bag. Did the same last night (26deg) and she was fine.

Jamies room is the same temp and he is a short sleeve/legless vest and a 1 tog sleep bag... seems ok at the moment. Come the 10:30pm feed I will change him into a sleepsuit and still keep the 1 tog sleeping bag. He never has covers x

Thanks ladies.

Just checked on her, she seems alright, it's down to 25 degrees now so going in the right direction, does help living by the sea!
xxx

I put my LO in pj bottoms & a swaddle blanket on her top. She slept last night the best she ever has like that!

Our room was the same temp last night so put him in a short sleeved babygro, and he slept through the night for the first time ever :) I'll do the same tonight x

Hit 27C in my LO's room today but I managed to cool in down to 25C before he went to bed. I put him to sleep in just his cotton Pj's (no vest or sleeping bag/sheet). When I go to bed and it has cooled down a bit I will put him in his 1tog bag too. Did the same last night and he slept fine. I hate the hot weather, he had his MMR yesterday too so like you I was worried he would be too hot after that but he was fine last night. Is meant to cool down tomorrow thankfully.

I put my LO to bed in shorts and a t-shirt usually and in this heat just use a sheet rather than a blanket. She's a cold weather baby though so during the day in this heat she wears nothing but a nappy and I give her a cold cloth to hold.

Gosh it's 26 in my los nursery and I've just got him in his nappy and a 1 tog bag.... The night before he had a short sleeve vest on too but was sweating on his back. It's so hard to know what to do for the best! It never cools down overnight in his room and I can't leave the window open in case the cats get in.

Thanks for this thread! Was really worrying cos our room is 25 and LO is in a short sleeved vest and a 1tog sleeping bag and I was convincing myself that was too much, sounds like you're all mostly doing the same though.

x

Fran is currently in her basket wearing the shorts and spaghetti strap t shirt she has had on all day with no covers because our bedroom gets so warm - last night she had just pj's on and although I tucked a blanket tightly under her mattress it soon got kicked off lol.

Also she hasn't had much of a nap today and was fast asleep by 6.30pm which is unusually early for her but I didn't want to wake her by getting her changed because she has been very grumpy and crying a lot this afternoon.

My Lo has just been in a short sleeved/short legged romper with no vest or covers (her room yesterday was 31 so i kept her downstairs till it dropped to 28) She actually slept the longest she ever has and didn't wake till 3am for a feed, normally it can be anytime from 11pm-1am. She was a nitemare after that though, wouldn't go back to sleep. Her legs were too free without covers :wacko:

Tonight here its much cooler so she's in vest/sleepsuit, no covers :)

It's dropped to 24 now so i did her poppers up and she's got the sheet up to her waist :) xxx

hmmm, I suppose its all in what you're used too. I live in a desert area, so 26 in the summer is heaven. Especially when its 40 outside...

The gro-egg leaflets suggest a 0.5 tog sleeping bag over just a nappy or vest in rooms over 24 degrees or a sheet over the top of a vest and or sleepsuit.

xxx

The gro-egg leaflets suggest a 0.5 tog sleeping bag over just a nappy or vest in rooms over 24 degrees or a sheet over the top of a vest and or sleepsuit.

xxx

Yeah i go by mamas and papas blanket guide, never had any problems so far, i generally use it as guidance rather than rule xx

hmmm, I suppose its all in what you're used too. I live in a desert area, so 26 in the summer is heaven. Especially when its 40 outside...

I find 26 degrees in Australia very different to 26 degrees here... it's just so humid here :dohh:

We had 26 last night and just had her in a vest and then at 11pm dream feed we put her in the 0.5 tog sleeping bag

Our room is 24 and Ivy is quite a warm baby so she is just in a babygro! She seemed a bit freaked out about not being zipped up into a big sleeping bag for the first few hours but she seems to have gotten over it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->