26weeks and no movements for about 4 hours?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by bananabump, Jun 5, 2011.

1. bananabump

bananabump Mummy to Leo!

***EDIT - Sorry I meant about 5 hours***

Is this normal?? I've been prodding my bump and making loud noises, plus crunched some ice cubes and had a cold drink of orange juice all in the last hour as I started to get a bit worried... but still nothing!!! :shrug:

I'm not sure how regular movements/kicks etc are meant to be at this stage in pregnancy but I've been used to feeling him every 3 hours ish most days for about 3 weeks now so this is really strange!

It's also officially my birthday today so not a great start to it really! :nope:

Any ideas ladies??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. SmartieMeUp

SmartieMeUp Mum of 2 girls.

He's probably sleeping. Babies have sleep routines from 20 weeks.

Midwife told me 10 movements in 24 hours is normal. Mine wakes between 7:30-8am has a good wriggle for 15 minutes then is still until around 6-7pm where she moving from food. Then goes to sleep 12-1am.

If you have no more movements for 2 hours when you wake up, contact your midwife or ring maternity wing, and say it's unusual for him to not move for a certain amount of time.

x

3. bananabump

bananabump Mummy to Leo!

Thanks for replying hun! I'm just so used to feeling him at certain times throughout the day - 7pm and 10pm are usually when he is most active and then again around 1am (so now...) but he just hasn't budged!

I've got a bit of a thing for crunching ice recently too and he usually aaaaalways wriggles and kicks but I've just had 2 glasses full and nothing!

I'm going to try and get some sleep and then if still nothing in the morning then take a trip to the hospital I think, just to be on the safe side.

I don't think my midwife would appreciate me ringing on a sunday? Or even if her phone would be on?!

x x x

4. SmartieMeUp

No problem. He's just giving you some peace :) Then more than likely make up for it tomorrow.

Your midwife won't mind. She'll be on call 24/7 in case of births. You need/want reassurance too so there shouldn't be a problem.

5. MrsH86

MrsH86 Well-Known Member

Hi, my movements are still not always consistent. Past couple of days I've hardly felt at all until evening time. It's still early for regular movements. I've said before but also they tend to do less moving when having a growth spurt so could be that too. If you're still worried don't hesitate to ring your midwife! x

6. pcake

pcake Mummy to our pork chop!

Happy birthday! Sorry ur worried. If ur concerned id def ring ur mw- thats what they are there for,it doesnt matter that its sunday. Im sure she would want you to phone straight away if ur worried about something. A maternity book iv got here says to lie on ur left side for a bit if uv not felt movement for a while. Im sure he's just all cosey in there, having a nice little sleep!! :) xx

7. i know im about a week behind you but the same thing happens to me...my little one barely moved all day yesterday when i can usually feel him all the time.. today he made up for it. i guess they have their lazy days.. they are human after all

8. SmartieMeUp

Any further news? x

9. Ouverture

Ouverture Well-Known Member

It's also possible your bubs flipped around. . .I know that if mine is facing my back and can't feel him as much, or sometimes, if I watch my belly my belly moves but I don't actually feel it! So you might just be missing movements.

From 24-26 weeks or so I got in panics because I didn't feel mine for hours at a time. . .I found the more I worried, the longer it was before I felt him again.

I'm sure everything is fine, but you can always call your MW! :flower:

10. laughingduck

laughingduck Mother of one daughter

Have you felt movements yet? I've heard you don't get regular movements until about 28 weeks. Sometimes I find with mine she has lazier days than others too. I'd try not to worry too much 5 hours is not too long to go without movement (and she could be moving but you're just not feeling it like Ouverture said).

11. bananabump

bananabump Mummy to Leo!

Thank you so much for all your thoughts ladies! Still haven't felt him move/kick ALL day so a couple of hours ago I rang my MW and she said to ring the maternity ward at the hospital and let them know I'd be popping down to get checked out...

Just got back after being there for an hour and all is fine thankfully!!! I had a trace done and they monitored his heartbeat and movements... even though I could hear loadssss of kicks etc I still couldn't feel any! The MW said he has just moved into a bit of an awkward position where it isn't very sensitive for me to be able to see or feel the movements!

I'm so so so relieved! And the hospital/midwifes were great - really put my mind at rest! They said it's good I know his patterns of movement already so that I can keep on eye on him but that some days he might just be lazy or in a funny position so if it happens again to leave it 48hours+ until going in to get checked out!

So glad I went though, nice finish to my birthday knowing that all is well with our little man!!

Thanks again ladies x x x

12. MillieMoo

MillieMoo Mummy to baby girl

I'm so glad all is well! Little bugger hiding away! Lol

13. bananabump

bananabump Mummy to Leo!

I know what a monkey! He's definitely still as active as ever though judging by the massive kicks we could hear on the monitor - they kept making me and OH jump!! haha xxx

14. Ouverture

Ouverture Well-Known Member

So glad he's in there safe and sound! :) Silly dude, hiding in there!

15. Bella'smummy

Bella'smummy Well-Known Member

I'm so happy everything is fine, but PLEASE never leave 48 hours before getting checked if it happens again!!! That stupid midwife should bf sacked for saying that!! 48 hours is too long and too late!
    I hope he stays nice and active for you now! Incase it every happens again my midwife say lay on your bed and lay on your tummy but put a pillow at the side to support some weight only for a few seconds and baby usually shifts and kicks you to tell you to move! Worked everytime for me! Your not doing it long enough to hurt them or do damage xx

16. SmartieMeUp

I told you he was giving you some peace :p Glad all is well!
    The little nuggets do like to give off scares sometimes; I swear they know they're doing it too.

x x x