26weeks. Waters leaking or urine? (TMI & photo)

Holmarie12

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I’m 26 weeks and concerned if my waters are leaking or if it’s urine.

During the night I coughed and had a little gush down below , felt it come out and it was absolutely certainly not from where urine comes from. You know how you can tell the difference, such as if you ‘leak’ during a period (tmi lmao) but you can feel where it’s from. This little gush definitely came from the ‘period hole’ clear liquid I went to the toilet and checked.

Didn’t think much of it but it’s happened 3 times today as well. Total clear liquid by the looks of it, and I can feel it leak not from where urine would leak from.

I’ll add a photo for example of the leak that’s just happened.

Do I ring up or is it me leaking urine, even though it definitely feels more like how a period leak would.

Thanks girls
XxFE68655F-FB77-4649-8C77-06FFA5E14124.jpeg

This seems more like amniotic fluid. I would absolutely go to labor and delivery and have them do a test strip to see if it is amniotic fluid. :(

If it is, there are options - so don't worry horribly yet. Also, I personally was born at 24 weeks in the 1990s and I am completely healthy. There are plenty of options for 26+ weekers these days. <3 Please keep us posted.

I would go and get checked just to be on the safe side. Got everything crossed for you <3

Hello, I think only being checked at the hospital would let you know for sure - but for what it's worth both me and my sister had minor panics when we were around the same number of weeks, turns out we had just peed ourselves but genuinely couldn't feel that we were peeing! Which is embarrassing....

Hope you get it seen to soon, fingers crossed all is ok :hugs:

Hey hun hope your getting checked out! If had previous leaks I thought could have been but was just pee, always always get checked though!! Xx

Hi ladies,
I’m 26 weeks and concerned if my waters are leaking or if it’s urine.

During the night I coughed and had a little gush down below , felt it come out and it was absolutely certainly not from where urine comes from. You know how you can tell the difference, such as if you ‘leak’ during a period (tmi lmao) but you can feel where it’s from. This little gush definitely came from the ‘period hole’ clear liquid I went to the toilet and checked.

Didn’t think much of it but it’s happened 3 times today as well. Total clear liquid by the looks of it, and I can feel it leak not from where urine would leak from.

I’ll add a photo for example of the leak that’s just happened.

Do I ring up or is it me leaking urine, even though it definitely feels more like how a period leak would.

Thanks girls
XxView attachment 1099233
Hey hun hope you’re getting checked out.

I will share an experience of my SIL. At 30 weeks she starting leaking clear fluid enough to wear panty liners. She went to get checked. It was not urine. It was not her water either!

From what she communicated with me, her Drs said there is another kind of fluid that can leak during pregnancy but it wasn’t dangerous I don’t think? Not sure what it is but she had a fine outcome, delivered at 38+5 I think?

With my first I had something similar happen. My OB said some urine/vaginal fluids can get trapped bc everything gets squished from baby. Try rocking forward when you pee to get everything out - never had it happen again after I started doing that. I would for sure still call your Dr to have them check you to make sure you waters arent leaking

Hello,

i had this happen quite often when I was larger in my pregnancy. I spoke to my midwife who said to wear a pad and if the fluid fills to pad to ring again. It turns out mine wasn't fluid.

it is definitely best to seek advice. Never feel like you are being an annoyance. I feel this is the most important time to be so, I rang countless times and they are 100% used to it and more than happy to assist. Baby and your reassurance is the most important thing xx

I know this sounds gross but did u smell it?
When ure waters leak it smells sweet.
Where as wee will smell like urine.

My waters started leaking at 40 weeks with our eldest son and I was wetting a panty liner every 15 mins.

This is embarrassing but I've had a few occasions this pregnancy and In other pregnancies where u do feel leaking and it was pee and It didn't feel like it.
I've also had watery CM which was similar to what ures looks like. I had wet patch like that on my underwear felt it come out. I was so worried and wasn't sure if it was my waters leaking a bit.
But I've had scans since then and it's definitely not anamatic fluid. Just a lot of watery cm.
I really hope this is the case for u.

I'm with the other ladies and think the best thing to do is to get checked out.
There is things they can do so try not to worry.
Easier said then done I know.

Please let us know how u get on hon.
Sending u big encouraging hugs

No experience of leaking here, but just writing to say I hope all is well and you got it checked x Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->