28 week glucose test

Incubator

Reaction score
Hi.

I saw the MW yesterday and she said because of my age (33) I should have a glucose test at 28 weeks. The problem is, I won't be in the UK at 28 weeks. I asked if they could do it early but she said no. I'll be out of the country from 23 weeks until 35 weeks. Does anyone know how important the glucose test is? Would I be a stupid fool to miss it? There's no history of diabetes in my family and I'm normal weight. Does anyone know if there are any private places in Europe that might be able to do it for me?

Sorry - so many questions! I feel awful about having to come back and potentially mess everyone around by doing so but I don't want to do anything that will harm the baby...

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

x

i dont know the real answer to this, but i think its unreasonable for your MW not to do it a week early if its that importnant. If they dont mind you being out the country, and missing it, it cant be that important!!!

I am diabetic and was diagnosed in a previous pregnancy. I think it is ridiculous that anywhere makes you wait until 28 weeks for the screening! It can be done at any time and if there were any warning signs it should be done at any time. i'll give you some of the warning signs so can judge for yourself and if you think there is even the slightest chance it could apply to you then speak to your Dr and demand it before you go.

Feeling hot and bothered after a meal, excessive thirst that nothing seems to quench, peeing a lot, large baby measurements, leg cramps (especially in the night) mouth sores, excessive hunger. I realise some of these are normal signs of pregnancy and that's what makes it difficult but whether you test at 28 weeks or 10 weeks if you are glucose intolerant then the test will show it.

I hope you get what want and if you have questions about it then pm me xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->