28 weeks and contractions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by CloverMouse, Oct 8, 2013.

1. CloverMouse

CloverMouse Mom of 2

Pregnant with#2 and landed at labor and delivery the other day with contractions. They got them to stop and sent me home with instructions to come back if they start again and I can't get them to stop.. or they get stronger.
    Since then every day I've been having them. If I can lay down for an hour or so they will allow and stop... tough with a toddler though.

Anyone else have this now or in a previous pregnancy? Should I be concerned about this baby coming early? Are they going to get worse?

2. CharCharxxx

CharCharxxx Well-Known Member

No experience im afraid hun but I hope everything is ok! Is a lot easier said than done to rest up when you have a toddler, my dd has men up and about constantly! X

3. Louise88

Louise88 Dd- ciara and ds- James

I get contractions if I over do myself so if I'm on my feet all day going here, there and everywhere or if I over do myself with house cleaning without a break. So I've found I'm having to relax a lot, I'm doing things with my daughter that involve sitting on the sofa such as reading her stories, she loves books so She will happily cuddle into me while I read to her and she loves a couple of programmes on cbeebies so I choose my relax times during mr tumble, tweenies etc. as I know my daughter will cuddle into me nicely and watch them :) and her nap time I get myself back to bed. I've found doing all this has also helped my SPD as well :)

4. RUBY2122

RUBY2122 Well-Known Member

Im doing the same...toddler naptime is my naptime!

5. CloverMouse

CloverMouse Mom of 2

I am getting better about relaxing when he naps. He is just so crazy! He had no interest in tv (which I consider to be a good thing most of the time ha!) And books keep him busy for a little while but he's active and stats climbing and jumping which make matters worse. I may have to see if someone will come over to give me a break a few times a week... I just feel like such a lazy mooch doing that, he's only 1 little boy!