28 weeks. Lost Mucus Plug?

Shawty

It's a Boy!
Reaction score
So, I think I just lost my mucus plug. But I don't know. My doctor had to do something to my cervix a few days ago, to check out some abnormal cells. And he said to expect a little bit of bloody discharge and maybe some green because that's what they seal it with. But I had a 3 inch blob of clear discharge, that was kind of solid with a little bit of blood in it, just fall out of me. I called the labor and delivery and asked them if I should come in & they said only if I was having contractions. And I should call my doctor tomorrow & see if he wants to see me.

What's this mean if it was my mucus plug? If it wasn't why wouldn't my doctor tell me to expect something like that..?

Dont worry, a lot of moms lose their plug throughout pregnancy, especially veteran moms. As long as you arn't bleeding (spotting doesn't mean much, especially if you just had an exam), contracting, or leaking amniotic fluid, i wouldn't worry much about it. Def call your doctor, but it doesn't sound too bad to me. Ive lost that quite a few times. The mucous plug always regenerates itself until active labor, so bits and pieces can fall out but it will grow back :thumbup:

lost mine at 20 weeks hun... watch out for contractions and bleeeding... if not then u should be all good :)

Thanks that's really reassuring. The spotting I have had though has been dark red blood. There was a little bit of blood on one side of it that was a lighter color than it has been.

Dont worry, a lot of moms lose their plug throughout pregnancy, especially veteran moms. As long as you arn't bleeding (spotting doesn't mean much, especially if you just had an exam), contracting, or leaking amniotic fluid, i wouldn't worry much about it. Def call your doctor, but it doesn't sound too bad to me. Ive lost that quite a few times. The mucous plug always regenerates itself until active labor, so bits and pieces can fall out but it will grow back :thumbup:

That's good to know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->