28 weeks period like cramping =/

luckyyou

Reaction score
Hi all. Im 28 weeks tomorrow and for the past few days I have been getting an increase in what feels like I would right before my period. Like a very heavy feeling "down there" and in the low stomach. Sometimes into my thighs. I also noticed about a week or two ago that LO isnt as active as normal but when i called the dr they said as long as you feel her sometime during the day that they dont start counting kicks til 28 weeks. I also get like sharp sudden pains my the very edge of my back into my side along with the feeling like im going to get my period any second. I don't want to keep calling dr and seem like im crazy I just have no idea what any of it is as this is my first pregnancy. I am 18 and due Aug 25... Any advice? :-(

Does it feel kinda like round ligamit pain? maybe drink something sweet annd lay on your left side and see if you feel her?

no it feels nothing like that its like sharp period pains and very heavy down there and i actually have to try to get comfy thro them even though they are only maybe 30 seconds long and breath through them. i had the ligament pains and they were more like stiches in my side nothing like this. this is like down there, my slower stomach and my back/sides every few mins. i dont wanna call though and it just be BH or muscles that im overreacting to

You should still call. . . I call no matter what. If something doesnt feel right I call.

i called and they said that they are going to have the nurse call me. at this point even if it is nothing i wanna know from them bc they are just getting stronger and longer although no closer together

Hey, I hope that everything works out!
I know that when I first entered my third trimester I got awful hip pain/cramps. I was told that it was because baby was much bigger & there was a lot more stretching and things going on in there. I think it's a good idea that you called your doctor/midwife, though. You should always call if you are concerned! Even if it is just something completley normal, it's always better to be safer rather than sorry. Doctors are there to help you!
Let us know how it goes when they call you back! Hoping everything is ok for you! :hugs:

I hope things get better =[. Im not sure what it could be.

thank you all. the nurse just called back and asked me about it (if i was drinking enough water, etc) told her all about the pains, that i drink water whenever i can, she asked if baby was moving normally and i told her i called two weeks ago about not really feeling her and its stayed that way and that there is no bleeding just alot of discharge. she spoke to dr and told me to just drink water and stay off my feet and to call back if it stays there or gets more consistant

I would have just gone to L&D to be monitered :shrug:
My dr said to go there if I'm having more than five contractions in an hour, cramping, sudden back pain, if my baby doesn't move more than 5 times in an hour, sudden increase or decrease in movement, change in discharge etc. I had to go once bc I fell and I was having contractions so they had to give me a shot to stop them. Before I left they gave me a paper telling me to come in for the same things I posted above. I don't even have to call her, I was just told to go straight there. It seems like other drs/hospitals don't want you to go, but it seems like mine encourages it?
Anyway, I hope you feel better!!! Just relax :flower:

my drs office gives a number to call to speak with the nurse/dr on call first and then they tell u over the phone what to try and if it gets worse to come in or if they want you in then they tell you but the L&D at my hosp is secured and i have to call up first unless like my water broke or im bleeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->