28 Weeks...Really bad back pain..Could be TMI

ReynoldsV

Reaction score
Hey ladies, so I have had what I consider your typical pregnancy back pain. From what I have read anyway...

But today its just terrible! I think I could be over-analyzing things and maybe scaring myself, but I do think there are two probable causes. Let me know if it sounds familiar, or if I should go to the doctors...

So hubby has been crazy horny lately. :blush: and I can't keep him away. We have a good sex life so I don't mind giving in. I am however, getting bigger and more uncomfortable. So the days we have sex, my back hurts pretty bad the next day. Nothing unbearable, but uncomfortable for sure.

I got up to go to the bathroom this morning and my dog got in my way and I sort of stumbled and my hip/lower back popped in a really ugly way and I felt like I couldn't walk. Thankfully I laid down and fell asleep and it was over.

Well, I have also had previous issues with my back. As in, prior to getting pregnant. I threw it out weight lifting. Well this morning while getting ready for work, whenever I would shift my weight, my lower back would pop.

The pain is radiating from my lowerback/hips to my pubic bone and legs. It really is so uncomfortable. I am not sure if any of you have experienced this before and if its just the weight of the baby, but I feel miserable.

Maybe I need to invest in a belly band to hold it up? I don't know...I would hate to go on bedrest as there is a lot left for me to do . I am 7 months pregnant and coming in on the end of things.

Any suggestions would be great! Thank you. :hugs:

Hey, what you're describing sounds like the pain I have - which is the result of having slipped discs in my case. I popped my back at work one day (I'm a nurse) and have been the same since. Extra strain ie carrying a baby or indeed sex makes it worse. It's possible it's something else but advice I can give you that I do are: warm baths regularly, heat packs or hot water bottle while sitting, regular exercise mixed with plenty of rest (but remember, don't take back pain lying down) I don't take pain relief as to me, the pain is showing you something is wrong and with it being my spine I'm not taking any chances. Hope you get on ok! Xxx

Yeah it definitely sounds like I have slipped disks. Mine was terrible when it happened, and I have suffered severe back pain since. I never had therapy or anything, I just tried to work it and stretch as best I could. The pain has ceased, but returned just recently.

I need to purchase a heating pad, and consider warm baths. I think I have bone problems as all my joints CONSTANTLY pop, but who knows. :shrug:

I am getting a massage from my mom this afternoon, so hopefully that helps.

Another question:

My friend is also 28 weeks pregnant and has been having constant contractions. She lives in Alaska so I have no idea how their hospital stuff works as I live in Oregon, but she has been struggling. Every time she goes in, she is sent back home and the doctors just look at her like she is crazy. I told her to switch clinics, so hopefully she does that. What do you ladies think? Are her doctors being irrational and not believing her because they don't think anything is wrong? Or should she go to another clinic? I really am worried for her and her baby and am so upset that they won't help! :growlmad:

Stretching won't do anything for it as slipped discs are simply the jelly part of the disc pushing on your nerves. Heat works best as well as gently moving around. Most people are ok after a short while others need surgery. I would mention it to your midwife on your next appointment but really during pregnancy, there is nothing you can do. Baby takes lots of calcium so make sure you increase how much you are taking. Lots of leafy green veg!!!

I've requested a water birth to try ease issues (I also have a tear of the lining of my hip) so fingers crossed that will happen and have been advised to get a Tens machine for the start of labour which I have done.

Your second question is difficult to answer. Is she a first time mum? I've read that FTM's often refer to Braxton hicks as very painful as there are unaware of true labour pain and can panic. Is it possible thats what is happening to her? If she isn't happen with the support she has received then she should change clinics yes. Stress and worry is the last thing she needs right now. Xxx

Stretching won't do anything for it as slipped discs are simply the jelly part of the disc pushing on your nerves. Heat works best as well as gently moving around. Most people are ok after a short while others need surgery. I would mention it to your midwife on your next appointment but really during pregnancy, there is nothing you can do. Baby takes lots of calcium so make sure you increase how much you are taking. Lots of leafy green veg!!!

I've requested a water birth to try ease issues (I also have a tear of the lining of my hip) so fingers crossed that will happen and have been advised to get a Tens machine for the start of labour which I have done.

Your second question is difficult to answer. Is she a first time mum? I've read that FTM's often refer to Braxton hicks as very painful as there are unaware of true labour pain and can panic. Is it possible thats what is happening to her? If she isn't happen with the support she has received then she should change clinics yes. Stress and worry is the last thing she needs right now. Xxx

I have a doctor here. :( I live in a small town and there aren't midwives around. I wanted a home/water birth. My hospital pretty much does regulation things, so I rely on home remedies. I will try heat and all that! Thank you so much.

This is my friends second baby. She knows what braxton hicks are and she is very worried. She says they are contractions :( I think she may be going to a new clinic. I sure as heck hope so. 28 weeks is too early for a baby. Its always nice when they are fully cooked.

Yeah 28 weeks is early but try not to panic. I hope she goes to a different clinic to get a second opinion! No worries at all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->