29 weeks and in so much pain?

Abigail8673

Reaction score
I am only 29 weeks and im in INSANE pain. my back aches constantly, I cannot sleep my hips and back hurt so much. I have a prenatal massage in a few weeks and my hubby rubs my back all day i do stretches and warm baths nothing is helping. I am so so miserable i dont know how much more i can take and i know its only the beginning i have a while to go :(

hey huni...

what u do for work??? if your sitting throughout the day or when u sit at home my mw told me yesterday to sit with my legs spread and leaning forward a tad, so your bump dips inbetween your legs....

apparently this promotes baby getting into a much favourable position for labour so you dont experience back pain as much now and through labour aswell....

maybe that might help???

hope u feel better soon :)

I suffer from lower back pain often. I have found the best way to combat it is to do a psoas muscle release a couple times a day. You can see the exercise about halfway down this page:

https://www.spinningbabies.com/more-info/for-pregnancy/daily-activities

I also sleep with a body pillow.. bottom leg straight out and top leg leaning over the pillow (agh, horrible description) so that I am leaning over the pillow rather than directly on my hips. I still switch sides each time I wake up, but rarely wake up in the excruciating pain I was toward the end of second tri.
I also want to ask how supportive your mattress is? We ended up buying a firm memory foam mattress in January and this made a HUGE difference because my body was no longer having to fight to keep from rolling down the middle of our old crappy, weak mattress.

AHA! Found a picture of the sleep position I suggested... first picture, top left.
https://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/activities-for-fetal-positioning/posture

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->