29 Weeks with GD, baby measuring 2 weeks ahead...

waiting2c

Reaction score
Should I be worried? 29 weeks 2 days today and had a growth scan, all of babies measurements calculated at over 31 weeks. Have only been tracking my sugars and watching my diet for a week but cant get my fasting result down no matter what I try and even my dinner one is creeping up despite eating less and less and cutting carbs way back. Worried I am going to end up with a monster! It will more than likely be a c-section so I guess on that front its not bad but I am worried for complications for the baby from all of this.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Did you have GD with the pregnancies that resulted in your two 10+ pound babies? If not, it's possible that you just make big kids. I did not have GD, but my son and daughter both tracked 2-3 weeks ahead on length, were born long and skinny, and have stayed above the 99%ile for height. If your doctor is not worried about baby's size, you probably don't need to. As you try to manage the GD, I know there are medications that can be used safely if it doesn't respond to diet.

Nope no GD previously.

Saw Diabetes drs today and now been given meds as had ketones in urine from trying too hard to cut diet and lost 1.5 kgs in the week since started trying to sort.

Hopefully this helps to stop her growing too big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->