2nd day weaning slept through

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
Hes going to be five months in five days and so far we've done two days of weaning. Just one tbs of rice cereal in the afternoon. The first day his milk intake was normal except for his last bottle which was half it's normal. Then yesterday he missed his last bottle entirely and slept through his five am feeding.

I'm ok with dropping one bottle as he's at six a day, so five is still good. He takes anywhere from 40-45 oz a day, 7oz each. So dropping would put him back to 32- 38oz a day, still good. I'm not sure what today will bring. At this rate he will eat four bottles. I'll see how it goes.

Is this adjusting ok right now? How much should he take in milk right now? Or is this a sign I've given too much rice? Or am I on the right track?

I would be a little concerned if he dropped 2 bottles in as many days. Even dropping one bottle right off seems a bit quick, but he still seems to be getting a fair amount of milk (not sure what's normal with bottle feeding). I was under the impression that they shouldn't really be dropping milk by much until around 6 months, but I found with Ronan that it tended to fluctuate (we bf) and some days he'd nurse a lot and others only a little so I tended to take the view of how he was doing over the course of a week rather than day by day.

He's certainly eating more than the average for his age / weight so I'm not concerned there. I wondered if it was more coincidence than directly related to the cereal. He's eaten an extra bottle already this am since my original post. I'm going to give it a week to really see how it's affecting him. It's just so hard to know if I'm doing right or not.

When they do start to drop milk how much can you expect??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->