• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2nd hand 4 xmas???

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
as u all (shud!!) know im a bit strapped for cash this xmas....

ive been wanting to get callum the 100acre wood playmat for ages and it rrps at £40 in argos..

seen it on ebay in fabby condition for just under £15, now it is used and i have bought it, i dunno whether its ok 2 give him it 4 xmas or not tho....

wot do u all think??

HONESTLY!!!

Kids don't know do they?

I wouldn't buy my OH something second hand but well for kiddies as long as it's clean I don't see the fault in it!

Give him it-they don't have a clue--I would! :D

Ive done exactly the same for niece, shes too young to notice! Most toys and clothes ive gotten her have been second hand, if she were old enough to notice then i would probably go new.

Why should it be a problem? Matthias gift is a 2hand Duplo Train set with several "manual" locomotives and 1 electric locomotive and about 60 straight and curved tracks and a bridge.

I got it on a so called "Kleidermarkt" (very famous here, where people sell used children clothes and toys).

I get the biggest part of his clothes and toys from there. Of course I buy shoes "new", but I have no problems with my son wearing a used shirt (if it looks o.k.).

he won't know hun and he will grow out of it so soon and the money you save can buy him something else

I got Jacks 100 acre from Ebay and it was in fab condition, Ok it wasn't in the box but Callum won't know

I buy a lot of stuff 2nd hand. I hate 'waste' so if I can feel I've stopped something else being made new to clutter up the planet then that's an added extra. :D

thanx guys :D i dont feel so bad now :D

I do it every year for my kids

The way i see it as soon as its out the wrapper does it matter where is was bought

I have bought Roo a couple of 2nd hand things and some new for Christmas. Once she has puked and sneezed all over it it wont be new anymore anyway lol

I dont think there is anything wrong with buying 2nd hand

I've bought Ella 2nd hand toys from Ebay, don't see an issue with it at all. If it means that you can buy something for them that they really want that otherwise you couldn't afford, what's the problem?

Hey celebrities by second hand all the time and call it 'vintage'.
If its good enough for celebrities its good enough for me! :lol:

:lol:
I see nothing wrong with it at all! go for it yavanne.
If i knew how to use ebay ide be buyin all the time, i have 2 neices to buy for this year it gets more an more expensive each yr!!!
So far kai's ordered 3 bikes, a tv/dvd combi, a cd player, 3 computers (ds.xbox.and vtech smile :roll: ) an his list is ever growing, i told him this morning santa wont be able to fit all this on his sleigh and well ive never seen anyone cry so much!!!

well it arrived the other day and it was still in the box!!! it doesnt even look as though it has been used!!! am well chuffed!!! :D:D

they dont no any different do they want tyhe ydo now what hurt them

There is nothing wrong with second hand at all, and there is certainly nothing wrong with a mum making sure her baby has what he wants! x

That's great Yvanne :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"