2nd line after time limit?!

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience of a second line showing up after time limit?! I know it says to discard after 10 mins but I did not and now I have a very very faint second line but it was after maybe 20 minutes or so! It was a tesco hpt - blue dye... I don't know what to think...

Did your second line have a color? Or was it a colorless line? Color is good, colorless is usually evaps.

It's got a little bit of colour but it's so faint. I think people always say that blue dye tests can be unreliable like that though?! I haven't used one before, always used free before - mug easier to read I think now lol!

FRERs are supposedly the best. I would test again in 2 days time

The tesco blue dye always give me a second line within the time limit very faint. Try frer x

I've been told not to test with blue dye for this reason! I've had many false positives.. Use FRER :)

In my experience, if I had a faint line after the time limit on 2 tests, either the same or a different brand, it usually was the start of a bfp. Sometimes the "line" even showed up as an ink smear. Now I've also had nasty evaps on some brands but I'd know for sure by taking a second test. If the second test looked like the first, I'd consider myself pregnant and retest in a couple more days. If the second test produced no second line or dye smear, it usually meant the first was an evap. Good luck!

Took another test today and got the same second line, with colour but after time limit. I'm so confused!!! I have one more of the tesco blue dye tests. I'm not patient enough to wIt two days so will try again tomorrow. How likely is a false positive with colour? Is it quite common with blue dye?

Very common with blue dye, I seem to always get them, especially since tesco changed to Blue dye, saying that I'm present now and I found out with a v faint line on tesco blue dye, I didn't believe it so I bought frer x

I'll just be very honest with you, blue dyes have a tendency to leak ink a bit even with negatives. Unless it was within the time limit and a clear positive, I wouldn't believe it. Sorry :(

However, it obviously doesn't mean you're out! Test again in a few days and hopefully a bfp happen :flower: Good luck and Fx!

Blue dye tests will always have a faint line after the time limit expires...that's why ur not supposed to read them after 10 mins. Get a frer and test again in a couples days.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->