2nd (or more) time around differences...

DaisyAnne

Reaction score
Curious for those who are on pregnancy #2 or more and how different or similar you feel?

This time feels SO different from my son. I started with morning sickness at 3.5 weeks pregnant with him, and by this time with my son, I'd already been quite sick for a couple weeks- just constantly (and then it only got worse until 16 weeks). This time, it's all in waves. Nausea in waves, even when it's really bad it changes 20 minutes later. Food aversions in waves. Painful boobs in waves (although tender most of the time). It feels almost so surreal, because there was no doubt about feeling preggo with my son, but this time I'm more nervous bc it's not as strong (even though everything seems to be going well as far as we can tell).

I think it's so cool how different each pregnancy can be, and I'm grateful that my morning sickness is not as bad this time, too! How about others?

With my first dd, I had no symptoms until 10 weeks then threw up constantly until 20 weeks, whereas with dd2 I has no sickness at all, no other symptoms either! With dd3 I had nasty sickness from 6 weeks til 16 weeks, sore boobs and horrible spots on my face and back. So far with this one I feel great just a bit tired and crampy, and my skin has cleared up. It really is unbelievable how different pregnancies can be!

I don't feel as tired this time... But that could be because I'm used to not sleeping in and having a full nights sleep now?! I'm used to feeling tired if that makes sense?! I didn't have sickness until around 6 weeks but I only felt sick, was never actually sick so we shall see how that goes over the next few weeks! I've felt crampy the last week but that has gone now and I feel normal apart from having what I think might be tonsillitis (heading to docs tomorrow!) x

my first 2 pregnancies were basically identical, I had MS very early on, fatigue, achy boobs, bad acne, and cramping. 2nd pregnancy I had bleeding gums. This time I am VERY fatigued, but no MS so far, lots of hunger though, and frequent urination, which I did not experience until 3rd tri in my last 2 pregnancies

With DD I was a little more emotional/crying. My boobs started to hurt around week 6, but nothing major. Also week 6, I'd get full very fast and bloated. Nausea set in about 7 weeks. I had insomnia from 8 weeks until I gave birth.

So far I think I'm crying more than I did with DD (but this is only my second day of knowing, so maybe it's still just the shock and the stress we have going on now).

Today I started getting full super fast and bloated, so about a week before last time.

I'm just curious to see how the rest of the pregnancy compares.

Ms kicked in a week later for me with this pregnancy, and I don't think its as bad as I had it with my first. Hopefully it goes away sooner as well, I had nausea right up to the end with my first. I think I'm also used to be so tired this time around that it hasn't really had too big of an impact

I had nausea and vomiting from 6-12 weeks daily with my son, there wasn't a day went by when I wasn't sick. I didn't really have sore boobs and I can't render being really tired.
This time the nausea started at about 5 weeks, vomiting occasionally, some times twice a day, others once, and some none. But the nausea is worse :( and the food aversions this time are bad, can barely eat anything!! I have sore boobs this time too, and am exhausted all the time (although that could come from having a 2 year old lol!)
This pregnancy so far is pretty different from last one, only thing the same is the fact I have morning sickness (or 24/7 sickness is probably a better name!)
X

The only difference so far is this time around I have insomnia and have gone up a cup size. Otherwise the morning sickness is the same, eczema flare ups, horrible acne, and constipation are all the same lol

I am also feeling really different this time. With my first LO I only had mild morning sickness, never went off food or had aversions. This time I've had horrible morning sickness since 3.5 weeks and food aversions. I've also had almost nightly insomnia, if my toddler wakes me up at night I cannot get back to sleep for a couple of hours. I'm more tired (prob because of the toddler who still wakes and the insomnia). I've had almost daily headaches for the last two weeks and I generally feel like poop. Altogether the second time around is a much worse experience and I didn't really enjoy being pregnant much the first time either. :lol:

My first: Symptoms started at like 9 1/2, 10 weeks, with STRONG nausea, STRONG food aversions, couldn't keep hardly anything down. Lost 15 pounds and it didn't clear up until somewhere between 5 and 6 months in. I had some strong cravings for sweet things (specifically, oranges and coleslaw!). Drank a lot of milk, which is rare for me (not only does it smell sour to me always, it gives me a stomach ache usually). Strong aversion to orange juice and mt dew (which I used to LOVE and have not drank since 2005 now). Later, I got the 'good stuff', nice shiny hair, nails started growing. Carried high and all out in front, like a basketball. Chinese gender chart said girl, but was a BOY.

My second: Mild nausea at like 5 weeks, cleared up by like 14. Only threw up a handful of times, literally I could count on my fingers. After the ms cleared up, the headaches started. Those lasted for like two months, at least twice a week. A few were actual migraines with blind spots/etc. No strong cravings or aversions, though the mild cravings did seem to be more on the salty side (tortilla chips with salsa, pickles). Also carried high, but wider, not all just in front. Chinese gender chart said boy, was a BOY.

This time, number three, so far: MS started about week 4 1/2 with nausea if I was over-hungry. Then came carsickness when I'm not driving, and then came general nausea. Fortunately, only threw up once and nothing came up. No strong cravings yet, but the mild ones have taken a salty turn. No particular aversions, but some of the things my DH starts to eat just smell rank... Having really dry skin. Mild headaches a few times, but definitely more than I would normally be having. EXTREME breast tenderness, I've already gone up a whole cup size. Fatigue during the day, insomnia at night. Chinese gender chart predicts a girl, we will see!

Just wanted to say I love reading these. I hope there are more replies. I'm 6 weeks today so it's still early for me to tell the difference. I worry about MS this time around b/c with my first, I had MS for 2.5 weeks starting at 6 weeks, but it wasn't that bad. I hope this one is identical to the 1st one, but I doubt it lol. My first pregnancy wasn't bad at all. My main symptoms with the first were fatigue, constipation, and heartburn.

My main thing this time round is the crampiness - stomach cramps and backaches since about 6 weeks. Scared me at first and now I'm starting to realise it might just be one of those things! Also this time around, my boobs were sore sooner and have already gone up a cup size. That didn't happen until third trimester first time around! I've had lots of headaches and some migraines this time round, as well as certain smells making me feel ill - none of which happened with my first!

On the plus side I haven't felt as sick for as long I don't think.

I think generally I get off quite lightly with pregnancy compared to some so I'm not going to complain about either time round! :)

Each pregnancy is different! My first pregnancy I threw up all of one time, my second not at all. I was nauseated but not horribly so, and tired but not exhausted.

This third and final time has been by FAR the hardest. This was our only unplanned pregnancy as well, and I found out at 4 weeks when I ran to the toilet to throw up after breakfast.:dohh: I just knew... and I was right! The morning sickness was unrelenting until about 16 weeks, and I'm still suffering with fatigue. My skin also got majorly pimply for the first few months, which has thankfully mostly cleared. Told DH early on that I am *never* doing this again!:haha: I don't know if it's that I'm older now (29 vs. 22) but it's much harder this go round.

I'm so sorry for those who are having worse MS and symptoms this time, at least it is all for a good cause!
CamoQueen- I said I didn't know if I wanted to go through pregnancy again after my first, but here I am, lol!

Does anyone feel like they're showing a little in their first trimester this time around? I thought that since I had a little mommy tummy to start with that it would take me longer to show, but I've already been getting so bloated I think it might start getting obvious sooner than I thought.

One more difference I want to add that I'm now discovering...
I've been SO emotional! Crazy pregnancy mood swings already... I wasn't like that with my son! My poor husband...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->