2nd Round of Clomid Starting July 18. Anyone else?

Momof DS

Reaction score
I am about to start my second round of Clomid this week. I am 33 and have unexplained infertility since having DS 3 years ago. Been TTC #2 for over 2 years. Would anyone like to join me on this cycle's journey??

Hello!

How did your 2nd round go?

I'm a little late to your thread but I would like to join you! I'm starting my 2nd round in about a week. Bumped up to 100mg. We've been trying for #2 for over a year now, my DS turns 3 Sept. 23rd! So, similar situations. I must say I kind of expected trouble conceiving #2 as number one took a year and a half with several miscarriages. This stuff is so draining.

Hope your doing well, and your 2nd round worked!

Hi just wondered how you are both doing, I am on first round of clomid after ttc no 2 for 2 years and 9 months. Think I am about in my 2ww now ...

Hi Gemmy!

I'm so glad you joined the thread, WELCOME!

I'm on CD12 currently. Still no positive opk, but I guess it is a bit early for me. I usually ovulate in the CD20's without clomid. Last cycle was my first round of clomid at 50mg and I didn't ovulate at all. I'm really hoping I ovulate soon, I need a little hope. I would just be excited to ovulate this cycle! I do feel like it's coming though, I'm getting a lot of cramps. I'm hoping this is a good sign.

If we are unsuccessful again this cycle we will be scheduling and HSG. That is our next step.

What did you start at on the clomid this cycle, 50mg? Did you have many side effects?

Hi hammy,

Yes I have started on 50ml although the ob gyn said she was giving me only three months worth and if I don't get on with it to then seek help privately - she actually said I won't see you again! But the prescription I have is either enough for 6 cycles or I guess I could up my dose but unsure. She arranged my HSG at the same appointment so I actually had that on cd5 of this cycle whist I was already in the middle of clomid ( I took days 2-6). What about you? Thankfully my tubes came out clear but has made me overly hopeful this month but bound to be disappointed.

I am cd17 today and have some chronic stomach pain right now! But could be bowel related and can't tell. But otherwise I have had no side effects. I felt like I had feelings in ovaries early but as for cm it did not change. I can't be sure I have ov as I didn't use opk I kinda gave up on them as always got positive somewhere between 15 and 19. I gave up on any tracking until this month I started using the thermometer again!

Hope that you get your positive opk soon, I have felt like ov has been delayed slightly it is hard to know what it actually does! Fx that this is both our months!!

Good morning Gemmy

How are you feeling? Hope your stomach pains are doing better. Maybe it was just bowel related. That's always a little scary though when your taking a medication and you don't feel well, you don't know if it's the medication etc.

I took clomid CD3-7. I'm wondering if next cycle I should try the 2-6. Or maybe I won't need a next cycle.......here's to wishful thinking, ha. Anyway, still no positive opk but intensifying cramps. Actually last night I got a little nervous because the cramps were getting pretty bad. Luckily I was able to fall asleep and they are more mild this morning. I'm really hoping this is a sign that I am going to be getting a positive opk soon. I do need to get going here in the BD department though, hoping this afternoon. I don't like to start too early, my cycles vary so much that last cycle for instance we BD like 7 straight days and I still hadn't ovulated. At that point I was seriously just so sick of BDing I needed a break. Turns out I didn't ovulate so it worked out but I don't want to overdo it now in this cycle and then when I really ovulate in like 7 days be too exhausted and not want to do it!

In other news, I have four sister in laws and none of them have fertility issues. They seriously just pop out kids. Of course we keep getting asked about another child and I just say that we're not sure if we even want another (little do they know we're trying like hell!). We had my sons birthday party this past Saturday (he turned 3) and those questions were running rampant. It was really annoying and somewhat heartbreaking since it's something we really want but just cannot seem to obtain. I'm sure your going through similar things, I hope this month is it for both of us!

BTW, I have read and heard from several people that clomid can slightly delay ovulation in some women, so if that is the case for you I wouldn't be too concerned. I wish I could stop being so obsessive and throw out the opk's like you, but I just cannot seem to do that!

Ahh bless you, hope you get that positive soon and the cramps are related! It is so hard when people start to quiz you! I felt that when my son turned 3 and now he has just turned 4! We actually started to ttc when he was one and a half - it was much easier when the expectation wasn't there and also friends hadn't had their second children yet. Now they all have! But I am hoping this clomid is going to make a difference!

I was there with you doing the opk month after month but started to feel I was wasting money. But I will go back to them next month if needed.

But like you want to hope this could be the month!!

Yeah know what you mean about over doing the bd before the time comes!! Are you using digi ones or strips?

Fx you get that positive xx

Hey Gemmy :flower:

Still no positive opk. More cramps though, but the line is pretty light. I usually have the fade in effect on the opk strips not one second theres a light line and a few hours later it's positive (I use the cheapie internet strips off amazon, they are called Babi). So I'm starting to lose a little hope here since there has been no fade in. I really never expected to be on 100mg clomid to ttc. And here I am.....I am only CD14 though so hoping maybe in the next couple days I get the positive. I find it so weird that we are able to have one child but it's so hard to have another. How does that work?

My mom did have the same issue. There is 8 years between my brother and I. Even though I wanted my children a little closer together I have to say there are advantages to having a larger gap as well. I really find that we each were allowed to be our own person so to speak and my parents could make each of our activities since we were so spaced out. And now that I have my son, my brother is just the best uncle, partly because he's not even thinking about marriage and kids yet because he's quite a bit younger. My son gets a lot of special attention from him and my parents because he's the only one right now due to our age gap. That's nice because its nothing on the other side. Sorry, was just thinking about the positives so I thought I would throw that little blurb in there. Also, I wonder if there is some genetic component to this as my mom had similar issues. Did your mom have the same issues too?

What CD are you on now? Getting closer to testing! I bet you will get your bfp this cycle. You have a great chance with it being your first cycle on clomid. I've seen a lot of ladies get that bfp on their first cycle of clomid!

Heading to the zoo this morning with my husband and son. He loves the zoo! Not much good weather left where I'm from (winter is coming), so we're going to enjoy the days while we can! Hope you have a fantastic day Gemmy!

Hi Hammy!

Thanks I hope you and your family enjoyed the zoo!

Hang in there for the positive. Like you sayCD 14 so it's still early. My temps confirmed i ovulated at CD 17 which I am happy with bd wise. But I didn't see any Ewcm like normally so otherwise would think it hadn't happened!

That is great with your brother. A good advantage to a larger age gap. There is a 5 1/2 year gap with my sister and I but no my mum didn't have problems conceiving she just didn't want the second one straightaway I think. She always seems surprised that I am still trying and think she feels sorry for DS. I feel sorry for DS as he really loves babies and all his friends have brothers and sisters. But I am hoping that the time I can give him now makes up for it.

I did struggle with ttc DS but this is harder. He took a year so I expected some trouble howeverI am now on my 33rd cycle and it will have been three years this December. But I'm lucky I know because I've never experienced any losses, sorry for yours I can't imagine :-(

I'm on CD 20 that's 3dpo. So now the dreaded two week wait! I hope you're right that I conceive on the first cycle with Clomid but I don't have much optimism as of yet. Well a little bit as my temperature is really shot up this morning but I am starting to get a cold so don't know if that is linked. Hope you conceive on your second try with clomid!! Good luck!

Good luck today do you have a chart on ff? Did you experience side effects get after upping the dose?

X

Hey Gemmy

Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back with you, we've been busy! My father in law got married yesterday and that was an all day event, into the evening. I drank a bit too much, not to the point of getting sick or anything, but enough that I feel a little under the weather today. Whoops. My tolerance is so low because I rarely ever drink! I needed to let loose yesterday, I actually had a really good time, I'm just paying for it now! It doesn't help that everyone is my household right now has really bad colds. Double whammy.

Good news from me, positive opk this morning! Woo hoo! CD17. I'm actually really happy with that. The test line was WAY darker than the control, the darkest I've ever seen it so I'm hoping that's a good indication of a strong ovulation. We did get some BDing in last night which was great timing. We will again tonight and then I think I might just go crazy with it and try for tomorrow morning and night. Whoa. I am crazy. That's really a bit much for me, but I am getting so fed up with ttc. I figure if your constantly having sex how can you not get pregnant, seriously?!?!

So you should be 5dpo today. Getting closer to testing. I am a POASholic. I definitely buy the cheapies off ebay and test, test, test. Quite obsessively I might add. When do you plan to start testing? Are you a ttc'er who actually has self control, unlike myself?

I bet after almost 3 years of ttc, it's just so depressing. I'm already starting to get that feeling that it may not happen again, I can't imagine trying for 3 years. I feel for you Gemmy. :hugs:

I'm going to stay optimistic for you. I really do have high hopes for clomid for you. I have read many inspirational stories of women who had tried almost everything and then all of a sudden *snap* pregnant on clomid.

The uppage in my dose definitely worked for me! I'm just happy I'm ovulating now. I did have a lot more side affects on the 100mg. I felt pretty good honestly on the 50, just a few minor hot flashes and nigh sweats. On this 100, I had those 10 fold plus a LOT of cramping, which I didn't get last month. I'm taking these as good signs that my body is actually responding this time.

Hope you are having a great weekend. Where are you by the way? Are you in the U.S.? That's where I am.

Hi hammy sorry for late reply too!!

I started to respond earlier and my battery ran out!

I am in the uk :wave:

Thanks for your message - great news about the positive AND the BD. Yes I am totally over the bding now, it is just no fun these days. Think it is because you do it just to want to wish another two weeks away.

Well I have my I am going to go mad with the cheap test months. But then when I get the nasty Evaps I then go a month with zero testing and just bleeding. But when I want to enjoy testing I do. I got a few cheap ones yesterday and started testing today ( I am 9dpo which always feels like a good time to start) bfn of course but I will try again tomorrow. Ff says I am due on Monday. I usually spot a day or two first though who knows on a clomid cycle? I am temping as well this month (which is another thing I did for ages but gave up but just started again this month). Not got any sore Bb yet which is a good sign for me as always means I am coming on.

When will you start to test? Excited for both of us. Come on clomid babies !!!

:dust: :dust:

GEMMYYYY!!

Any news? Do you have your bfp?

I totally agree about the bding thing. It is absolutely no fun these days. I seriously hate "scheduling" it. But I mean, you kind of have to. Because of this it's just not enjoyable. Luckily my DH can perform on a whim, I guess at least we have that covered in the ttc realm, somethings got to go our way!

Nothing new for me, just waiting. I've been really busy with my business lately, lots of orders. It's nice because it definitely keeps my mind busy. I've found that if I don't have something else to focus on other than ttc, I can get a bit obsessive. :haha:

I'm trying to hold off testing, I'm only 5 dpo. Obviously would be a bfn. That urge to pee on something is hitting me though......I hope I can hold out!

Ha I know that urge! I did one on 9dpo, 10 dpo and 11 dpo and all negative but I stare at them for hours and take pictures zooming in and out - quite obsessive ! I am 12dpo and it is 7.35am, I am waking so early so waiting on second morning urine for today's test !

Trying not to be overly hopeful just because no spotting yet and no sore bb. This could just be the clomid now. But feel slightly "agh. Could I finally get a positive after all these years ?!" I am feeling doubtful though with the tests I already did. But I will let you know! My temp went up ever so slightly too!

That is great that your business keeps you busy, before you know it it will be testing time :) xx

Hey Gemmy,

Just checking in, any news? I've been thinking about you.

I'm a little aggravated right now. My best friend who knows of our struggles just found out she was pregnant about a month ago now (Baby #2). She sent me a picture of her positive pregnancy picture over the cell phones. Then preceded to tell me it took them so long to conceive this time (4 months) and that they had sex 8 times that month so how could she not get pregnant, blah blah blah. I did confront her and tell her how I felt and she apologized about not being sensitive to my feelings. But she's at it again! She just sent me a pic of some maternity clothes she wants and I've been listening to her moan for the past few weeks now about not feeling well. It's just annoying. Maybe it's my hormones, who knows.

Sorry I had to vent.

Anyway, no real symptoms for me. Just playing the waiting game. Not feeling too hopeful. But I guess you never know.

Hey hammy, jump over to my journal link to see up date on today's tests, click on last page and let me know what you think. I am not feeling it as low temp but seeing something.

I know exactly what you mean about the friend, and how insensitive is she? Rant away hun xxx

Gemmy, just checked out your journal with updated tests.........I'm definitely seeing something too! I really hope this is it! I have seen women get bfps and their temp drops a bit only to go right back up. So that temp may not mean much. FC! Are you planning on POAS later this afternoon again? Keep me posted!

Thanks hammy! My battery died whilst replying I was saying yes I will be testing in 3 hours 37 mins but now it is just 3 hours 20 mins lol. I will keep updating, thanks for the hopeful words about temp drop. I really really hope that I can come back with some good news!!

Hopefully your 2ww will go quicker too waiting for me to update xx

Have a good afternoon xx

Ah hammy I am out :-(. Got some blood just on the verge of a digi but feel relieved. Onto the next cycle!

Your turn now for a bfp :) x

Gemmy! I just got your last post through on my email, sorry I missed you, I was wondering how you were. Your probably mid cycle by now. How is everything going? Have you ovulated yet? Any clomid side effects?

AF ended up coming for me. But the good news is, I know I ovulated on the 100mg and all the indicators (temp, opk, just general feelings) indicated to me it was a strong ovulation. Or at least that's what I felt. My temperatures were sky high after and stayed that way for 14 days until AF started. In the past my temps would jump higher after O but really not by much. And boy, I felt the progesterone after O. I was actually constipated because of it, never happened to me.

I also just had an HSG done a few days ago. It went well. Left tube was clear and open. The right tube was a little trickier. I had to roll on my right side and it took a bit for the dye to go through. He didn't specifically say if it may have been a partial blockage but I'm wondering. The next day I was sore just on that right side. Weird. The doc did say tubes are open and I'm flushed out now.

My OH is going to go get the SA done next week. He's a little hesitant but very willing to do it, just kind of a weird situation getting the sample. He has requested I accompany him so I'm going to. Just get it done!

I'm CD9 today. Hoping my O comes a bit earlier. I took clomid days 2-6 this cycle so maybe it will push up O. Hmmm, we'll see. Question for you, has your doc considered upping your clomid to 100mg to give you a stronger O? Just curious because I seriously noticed a HUGE difference between the 50 to 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->