2nd time birth v 1st time birth..

jenny82

Reaction score
I had a great first birth with my LO. Water birth, G&A, swift recovery. I loved it.

I was confident that this birth would be the same, but as time goes on, I'm getting more and more paranoid that there will be complications. E.g. waters will break so no water birth etc.

Has anyone had a good 1st time birth and worse 2nd time one? I know most of the stories i read here say the 2nd is easier but I'm losing all faith in myself as days go by :/

My first time birth was horrible I'm hoping and praying the second time is easier, You will have to let me know how it goes I still have a few weeks left

My second was alot better than my first. But I delt with the pain alot better the first time around as his waters popped naturally at 8cm, where as second labour they popped them for me at 4cm's because I wasn't progressing. Both very quick labours and just on G+A. I was out 4 hours after I had my daughter too.

I'm hoping this one will be pretty much same, I'd love a water birth, but very tempted to leave going into the hospital until last minute.

I left going in to the hospital the last time until I was 8cm (although didn't know that at the time!). I just assumed that both would be the same but am now getting more and more unsure of myself and what my body can do :/

Think I just need to snap out of my head fug!

Hope all of ours goes as we want it to! :thumbup:

I left going in to the hospital the last time until I was 8cm (although didn't know that at the time!). I just assumed that both would be the same but am now getting more and more unsure of myself and what my body can do :/

Think I just need to snap out of my head fug!

Hope all of ours goes as we want it to! :thumbup:

Your second labour tends to be quicker and easier. Mine was, even with having my waters broken at 4cm. Labour was about 4 hours start to finish.

x

im hoping mine is like my first but quicker (under 10 please!). It'll help that im at home i think.

My second was quicker and much easier than my first. 15 1/2 hours first, 8 1/2 hours with second, hoping to cut that in half again with my third... so maybe 4 hours or so this time would be ideal, but there are no guarantees and no pregnancy can be predicted to go well or bad really. Good luck to you!

see i wouldnt particularly want a 4 hour labour, especially if it was the 2nd stage that lasted 2 pushes or something. the chances of tears are MUCH higher.

My 1st labour was induced, lots of intervention. Was uncomfortable all night, then was pleased to learn I was 4cm at 8am. Was 10 cm an hour later, but pushing was a disaster, she took another 3 hours to be born. Still, was fast as established labour lasted 4 hours.

Had a sweep with ds, after niggles for a few hours and a show, I decided to go in to be checked as my first was so fast. Arrived at midnight and was checked, told I wasn't in labour, I knew I was, so refused to go home. Anyway it really kicked off at 12.30am, was needing to push within the hour, and 2 pushes and he was out at 1.30am.

I didn't tear with him at all.

Not sure what to expect this time!

My first birth was horrible, was in labour for 60 hours! It ended in episiotomy and ventouse delivery too because dd got stuck. I'm hoping for a much quicker and easier labour and birth this time!! fingers crossed.

Emma x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->