2nd time mum now getting terrified of impeding labour!

rubberducky88

Mum to 2 little monsters!
Reaction score
EEK! Oh god. The thought of that pain again!

Crapping myself!!!!!!!

Anyone else!? Xx

Oohhhh rubberducky I saw your name on the front page!!! :) My 2nd birth was amaaaaazing after the first nasty dystocia :) You will do fantastic, you know so much better this time.

Me!! I'm scared because its like first time for me! Last time I jus went in to my normal check up and the OB told me I was dilated and fully effaced and in labor and needed to get to the hospital (I needed a Csection for other reasons). And so I was really uncomfortable but never in excruciating pain and I am trying fr a VBAC this go. Which means I have no idea what timing contractions is like, feeling contractions or having a human come out of my vagina!!

Eek Aliss! It's so so close now! I feel positive but at the same time there's a little terrified feeling lingering in the back of my mind!

I'm not sure it's more terrifying being a FTM and going into the unknown or knowin exactly what is waiting round the corner for you!

It's a design fault that as women we forget the pain and think its a good idea again! Haha x

Yeah. Ugh!! I'm just dreading the pain :/ the pushing. :/ the recovery!!
First birth was easier than second. I hope this one is quick!!

I was kinda looking forward to it...untill i got put in hospital last week and it all came back to me...now im not so sure. Last birth was pretty smooth going, and keep thinking i cant be lucky twice? But then i think the same with having another newborn- Parker was pretty easy...what if this one isnt and i have toddler as well!!

Me :/. Im not dreading the contractions im dread the pushing part. And ive got it in my head im going to tear bad again because I had a dream she was 10lbs :/. X

I'm on the same thinking as you mummybean! I had a good, straightforward birth last time, which wasn't actually too long and was completely natural..... I am dreading this time round, I remeber that it hurt, and my stomach being squeezed by contractions, and the burning of the ring of fire! :dohh: Will I be so lucky to have a quick natural birth this time round!

Nope, I'm a sicko and really looking forward to it LOL

& Ladies, my 1st birth was straight forward but my 2nd was a total breeze!

I had a hideous first birth ending in shoulder Dystocia and a week long NICU stay for little man.

It's been my choice to try natural again so just hope I don't regret my decision!! Xx

Hi Rubberducky88!I am due on sunday and to be honest I don't know where the time has gone,it's come round so quick!
I have two sons and with my first I was induced and second he came natural but am really worried about being induced again.I felt that being induced made things so much more intense and my body was unable to cope with the speed of everything....the contractions felt like 3 hrs non stop.
I'm really hoping this little one comes natural like my last and am going to try my best to really hold out.I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you get the birth you hope for.....(A pain free one...lol)!:hugs:

Im starting to think about the birth more now. I think first time around I just had no idea what it would be like and just kind of went with it, baby was back to back and came out that way too, Pushing stage was hours and I had a 3rd degree tear. I think all of that is making me worry about the what ifs this time, I guess im more educated this time and im terrified she is going to be bigger and harder to push out. I worry every day if she is back to back which im 99% sure she is!! BUT having said that, if she IS back to back then I know better ways to cope with it, I know I did it last time which will drive me to do it again.

I cant wait for that feeling of baby in my arms though :cloud9:

Well u deff got more of reason to be scared after the trauma of ur first. But all the docs will be there im sure to monitor u real close.

Spose the one thing we all got is we know what we get at the end...and as scary as the next 2/3 weeks gonna be...soon we shall cute cuddly beans.

I'm on a roller coaster about this birth. One minute in really excited, the next I'm terrified.

Last time my waters broke first and I was in and out of hospital for IV antibiotics as a result but my contractions never did anything, I was still not effaced or dilated after 36 hours and they gave me epidural in preparation for induction or CS. Don't get me wrong my contractions were painful by then but not unbearable and strangely DD decided to pop out with no further intervention really soon after the epi. I did tear as she had a nuchal hand and cord but it was so easy with the epi (I could still feel the contractions) that I'm worried I can't hack it without!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->