2nd Tri for moi and are we having a GIANT baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by daddy2b, Jan 24, 2011.

1. daddy2b

daddy2b Well-Known Member

Hi,

My wife and I have been pregnant now for nearly 14 weeks :happydance:so I'm off to the 2nd Tri threads! Thanks everyone for your support and advice :flower::flower::flower:

One LAST question :coffee::

My wife seems to be showing more than an average 13+ week person should be. The bump is very defined :winkwink: When we had our 12 weeks scan it measured perfectly.

Is there such a thing as having a giant baby? Or do they all come out more or less the same size? :ninja:

2. Mama627

Mama627 Mom & Preggo w/ #2

There's quite a bit of variation in the size of newborn babies... Generally speaking, I think 7lbs is about average, but it's not uncommon to have a 9lb baby. If your wife is very small, she'll probably have a smaller baby. Her bump doesn't necessarily reflect the size of the baby inside... how she's carrying will make it seem larger or smaller.

3. ClaireMuir123

ClaireMuir123 Mummy to Jayden and Ava

In the early days, it's not all baby. As the pelvis pushes up it moves all the organs etc so that makes up loads of the belly until baby gets bigger. Have a look in the 'Your Bumps' thread at the top of the page, there's such a difference in lots of ladies bumps. Some don't get a bump until 3rd trimester, others (like me) get it very early.

Good luck in the 2nd tri xxx

4. Barbles

Barbles Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more

I have got a bump at 14 weeks though this is my 2nd baby. With my first I didnt show until gone 20 weeks and I had a 9lb baby, some people show early and some show late xx

5. xLisax

xLisax Max & Evies Mummy :)

Ive got a little bump already too, this is also my second :thumbup: I had a proper big bump by 17 weeks on Max..Im not a big person but he was 10lb :shock: Im hoping that this babys smaller :winkwink:

xx

6. newmommy23

newmommy23 Mommy to Mollymaia

could be a big baby, or maybe she just has has weaker stomach muscles? I think thats what they say. I dunno though I think it just depends on people's shape and muscle tone and torso size? Don't worry yet!! Babies have growth spurts at weird times

7. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

my husband was only 7lbs but apparently was a verrrrry loooong baby who outgrew his crib in 2 months. he is now 6 foot 7! do you have any tall genes in your family by any chance? :)

8. daddy2b

Wife is petite and I'm only 5'7" and both not giant ourselves so unsure why she's showing so much! We've got no family history of tall people!

Hmmmm I did tell her that the bump isn't a reflection on the size of babbs.

Ah well as long as it isn't growing into some sort of freak-giant!

https://mikerbaker.com/knack/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/giant_baby_tn.jpg

9. ClaireMuir123

If she has a short torso, that's probably why she's showing early, there's nowhere else for the organs and baby to go! Don't worry too much xxx

10. ClaireMuir123

Here's my bump at 11 weeks

11. daddy2b

Erm thanks for the bump pic :blush:

Ummm wow that's a lot bigger than my wife's! Maybe we're both being stupid! :winkwink: