2nd Trimester - Morning Sickness still visits...

Nadialew

Reaction score
Hi there, I realize a lot of you have smooth sailing pregnancy on second trimester. Good on you and I am very happy for you!
Unfortunately, my morning sickness (all day sickness) started since 6weeks, and it never goes away until today. Everyone keeps reassuring me it is going to be fine after 3 months, but it just isn't. I still wake up nauseous each morning, and throw up biles sometimes, or whatever food I eat for breakfast will come back up. It doesn't help with me having bad acid reflux. I've been on medicines too - metoclopramide, Vitamin B6...
I am frustrated and don't know if this is going to last for my entire pregnancy... :cry: I've stopped working for a while now, it just affected me and my family too much.
Please, is anyone else still having it even in second trimester? does it go away for you? Thanks.

Hey, you're not alone. A lot of women in the second trimester still experience morning sickness. I actually have hyperemesis and it hasn't left me yet. I've lost over 10 pounds during this pregnancy so far! I'm on pills that do help but I still throw up at least twice a day. I hope both of our sicknesses pass soon... it's so unpleasant. Just keep thinking about how worth it it will be once you see your baby :).

Also, if your medications didn't help, try asking your doctor if you can try Zofran. That's what I'm on and it is helping me!

Hey, you're not alone. A lot of women in the second trimester still experience morning sickness. I actually have hyperemesis and it hasn't left me yet. I've lost over 10 pounds during this pregnancy so far! I'm on pills that do help but I still throw up at least twice a day. I hope both of our sicknesses pass soon... it's so unpleasant. Just keep thinking about how worth it it will be once you see your baby :).

Sorry to hear that. Hyperemesis is an awful experience, I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I've lost 8 pounds, but slowly gaining them back, by forcing myself to eat. May I know how do you keep food down?
I will ask my OB about Zofran next week when I see him. Thanks for your help. I hope it ends for us NOW. :hugs:

Sorry to hear that. Hyperemesis is an awful experience, I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I've lost 8 pounds, but slowly gaining them back, by forcing myself to eat. May I know how do you keep food down?
I will ask my OB about Zofran next week when I see him. Thanks for your help. I hope it ends for us NOW. :hugs:

I haven't been able to keep MUCH down. I eat very small portions and eat them very very slowly. I've found I have luck with mashed potatoes and lemon Italian ice! I also have to make sure I take one of my pills before attempting to eat anything. It's been a tough road. I feel it edging off a bit though.. hopefully that keeps up!

ETA: I've not yet gained back any of the weight I lost. I actually had a doctor's appointment this week and have lost 2 more pounds. I'm very discouraged by this. Good for you to be gaining some back! The goal is to gain weight not lose it :).

I still have it at 22 weeks! Not every morning but some morning especially when im extremely hungry.

I haven't been able to keep MUCH down. I eat very small portions and eat them very very slowly. I've found I have luck with mashed potatoes and lemon Italian ice! I also have to make sure I take one of my pills before attempting to eat anything. It's been a tough road. I feel it edging off a bit though.. hopefully that keeps up!

ETA: I've not yet gained back any of the weight I lost. I actually had a doctor's appointment this week and have lost 2 more pounds. I'm very discouraged by this. Good for you to be gaining some back! The goal is to gain weight not lose it :).

My best wishes are with you. We will get through this together just fine. I was in a mess in first trimester, bedbound for 6 weeks. I am actually much better now, it will be the same for you!

:hugs: I was feeling that way too. And then overnight it went away (on Saturday). It was the craziest thing :shock: I don't need diclectin anymore to stop from vomitting, I don't even get nauseous. I hope the same happens for you very soon :flower: But if not, I hope you find some ways to cope but it truly is hard to cope with.

:hugs: I was feeling that way too. And then overnight it went away (on Saturday). It was the craziest thing :shock: I don't need diclectin anymore to stop from vomitting, I don't even get nauseous. I hope the same happens for you very soon :flower: But if not, I hope you find some ways to cope but it truly is hard to cope with.

Some of my friends told me, it just miraculously went away for them overnight. I guess I have no luck yet. :sad2:
It's truly hard. In certain days, it got so bad I thought I was not going to live through it. :dohh:

I'm 25 weeks and I still get MS... though it has gotten a lot better since my DR prescribed me ranitidine I take it 2x a day its for my stomach acid and gets rid of the horrible heartburn I was having and I used to puke every day(sometimes multiple times a day) now it still happens but more randomly and not as often.

You definitely aren't alone! I was so angry at 16 weeks when I said that I was still sick but everyone was like "you shouldn't still be sick" and "morning sickness always goes away after the first trimester". I still had m/s until about 21 weeks, but as each week went on it got better slowly, so hopefully that will be the case for you and it will end soon. I was much happier when the heaving left and only the nausea remained!

You definitely aren't alone! I was so angry at 16 weeks when I said that I was still sick but everyone was like "you shouldn't still be sick" and "morning sickness always goes away after the first trimester". I still had m/s until about 21 weeks, but as each week went on it got better slowly, so hopefully that will be the case for you and it will end soon. I was much happier when the heaving left and only the nausea remained!

YES! I am really sensitive at people asking me "Are you feeling better now?" Because I don't want to let them down by saying NO, and when I am SUPPOSED to be free of symptoms NOW! It just made me feel sad sometimes.

Hi there, I realize a lot of you have smooth sailing pregnancy on second trimester. Good on you and I am very happy for you!
Unfortunately, my morning sickness (all day sickness) started since 6weeks, and it never goes away until today. Everyone keeps reassuring me it is going to be fine after 3 months, but it just isn't. I still wake up nauseous each morning, and throw up biles sometimes, or whatever food I eat for breakfast will come back up. It doesn't help with me having bad acid reflux. I've been on medicines too - metoclopramide, Vitamin B6...
I am frustrated and don't know if this is going to last for my entire pregnancy... :cry: I've stopped working for a while now, it just affected me and my family too much.
Please, is anyone else still having it even in second trimester? does it go away for you? Thanks.

I have been the same. I felt a little better after a trip to the ER and an IV with a pint of saline solution. My doc gave me promethazine (prescription) and when I get up in the morning, I take one with flavored water and sit, relax and breathe to keep the pill down. I have been missing work as well. Sucks!

I've only just passed the 12w mark however I'm still heavily nauseaus every morning, in the middle of the night & during the day, if I don't take my zofran, maxalon, & b-complex every morning, I'm vomiting non stop all day i lost 6kgs within a few weeks & still haven't put it back on yet, however I'm eating healthy & smaller meals :)

it will slowly settle down eventually :hugs:

I'm sorry you are still sick, and others in this thread! I am too throwing up every morning. It was really bad but lately its every morning, like you its usually bile and whatever I have for breakfast. Its awful and I hope it goes away for everyone soon.
I was told by my midwife that because I have multiples, mine probably wont go away but I'm hoping it will. Either way totally understand how you feel! It truly is awful.

I'm still sick too at almost 27 weeks! It's not nearly as bad as it has been in past weeks... so it is easing a little. Mine is more ES (evening sickness) though!

I'm sorry you are still sick, and others in this thread! I am too throwing up every morning. It was really bad but lately its every morning, like you its usually bile and whatever I have for breakfast. Its awful and I hope it goes away for everyone soon.
I was told by my midwife that because I have multiples, mine probably wont go away but I'm hoping it will. Either way totally understand how you feel! It truly is awful.

First the twin thing and now the MS!?! Your midwife is sure a 'happy-go-lucky' person isn't she? LOL BTW, your next scan is December 30th right? Can't wait to see baby forms on your avatar :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->