2WW or just kidding myself?

CaribbeanBaby

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

Long time member here but haven't really been around since I got pregnant in November 2014!

I am technically in the 2WW... to cut a very long story short, my cycles are WAAAAY off since I had weight loss surgery 18 months ago. I get my period 3 weeks per month, on and off. I usually get about 9 days a month straight of not bleeding so I've been taking that as my ovulation week. I would take my temps each day but I have a 2 year old so the idea of any routine for myself goes right out the window. I've tried but always forget before jumping out of bed by her command 🙄

So here I am... no idea at all how many DPO. But I haven't had my "period" for about 10 days and have BD 4 times in that window. I figured my cycles are just too crazy so I wasn't even thinking anything... until yesterday when I started getting AF cramps. Here we go.... helloooo AF... nope? And more cramps today and nausea last night... very bloated and crampy today but not a scrap of AF to be seen. I have creamy CM and it was so bad today, I was grocery shopping and was 99% sure my period started and I was horrified and rushed through shopping to come home ready for a mess... and nothing! So now through googling and these weird symptoms.... now I've unintentionally boarded the TTC crazy train!

I've ordered a bunch of IC so will start testing when I get those if I don't get AF beforehand.
Usually when I cramp, I get AF within a few hours so this is weird.
For my last pregnancy, the BFP was showing up on the IC and not the FRER! I think it showed up 2 or 3 days later on those... go figure.
So I will try the same method as last time.. I've ordered 40 so I can POAS to my heart's content 🤣 but I really have no idea if this is just a really crappy ramp up to AF. I don't normally get very crampy or bloated that I've been aware of but everything has changed since the surgery anyway...
What does everyone think? Have I boarded the crazy train prematurely?

Sorry for the giant rambling post.. I'm good at those 🙄🙄

Never too early to board this crazy train! If your normal isn't happening it's absolutely sane to think that you may be pregnant. Let's wait for those IC and find out!

Never too early to board this crazy train! If your normal isn't happening it's absolutely sane to think that you may be pregnant. Let's wait for those IC and find out!

I just feel a bit silly... 2 days ago I was like haha whatever... no one is getting pregnant with periods like these! And then all of a sudden I've been handed a train ticket and I've lost my mind. Every little twinge... oh lordy :lol:

One way ticket to crazy town 😂 I'm the same. This is our first cycle (not month as I have very long cycles) TTC no3 and I was all "it's fine, I won't get too over the top about it, just go with it, just the first cycle"

I am demented instead! I think once the seed is planted in your mind it's impossible to be rational!

That's what I thought too! My first was NTNP and bam pregnant in the first month.. it was 2000 so no Google to make me go crazy lol... and I got my fill of crazy train in 2014 for my second pregnancy... so I thought I'd be totally casual this time... and I was! Until symptoms started and there wasn't even a chance for me. I was already holding my ticket up high so the conductor wouldn't miss picking me up :rofl:

Same here. I thought I wasnt even ready for another yet, but one time we weren't very careful and next day I realized I was ovulating. I figured we were fine since we used the pull out method for 1 1/2 years before ttc with no problems. Then the symptoms started. Exactly like my previous 3 pregnancies, but I'm still getting negative hpt 3 days till AF. Now I'm going crazy for a baby and Googling everything about false negatives till all hours of the night. The 2ww is not for the faint of heart. Good luck to you. Hopefully we both get Answers soon.

You just never know your luck with wacky cycles. Let us know when those tests arrive. I love that you bought 40 - make sure you pace yourself!

I feel the same! I have always been pretty certain I wanted a 4th child. I just didnt feel ready mostly because my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies were hard and i was afraid to go through it again. I kept pushing TTC later and later until I decided I really need to just go for it and not wait any longer. This was in June. My youngest turned 6 in August and I am 33. Anyway, we started TTC in July and i thought I would be more relaxed this time given I wasnt even exactly ready to start trying. Nope, the second I decided to go for it I have been obsessed! This is our 3rd cycle and I am going nuts over here. Thinking every little thing is a symptom. This month I decided not to symptom spot. I havent been, but I still cant help that I am feeling sharp stabbing pains in my uterus and have been for a few days now. Yet today I tested BFN :( Im confused why I have the twinges and stabbing pains. I am either 10 or 11 dpo. Just feeling bummed as i dont think this is my BFP month either :(

Anyways, it's good to vent. The only other person who knows I am TTC besides me and DH is my good friend who lives across the country. I FB message her all of the time so have been telling her about it all. I told her my frustration today with the BFN and weird pains in my uterus, but she doesnt seem to care about that. She hasnt replied to me in the several hours since I sent her the message though I can see she read it :( Im sure I just sound annoying to her.

Same here. I thought I wasnt even ready for another yet, but one time we weren't very careful and next day I realized I was ovulating. I figured we were fine since we used the pull out method for 1 1/2 years before ttc with no problems. Then the symptoms started. Exactly like my previous 3 pregnancies, but I'm still getting negative hpt 3 days till AF. Now I'm going crazy for a baby and Googling everything about false negatives till all hours of the night. The 2ww is not for the faint of heart. Good luck to you. Hopefully we both get Answers soon.

Isn't it so funny! ... sort of... Lol... You think the 3rd or 4th time around the novelty would have worn off by now but it really hasn't! Good luck!!

One way ticket to crazy town 😂 I'm the same. This is our first cycle (not month as I have very long cycles) TTC no3 and I was all "it's fine, I won't get too over the top about it, just go with it, just the first cycle"

I am demented instead! I think once the seed is planted in your mind it's impossible to be rational!

Haha yes it is amazing how swept up you get.. and almost instantly! Like we didn't even have a choice. I just hope it is all for a very successful train trip Hahah!

You just never know your luck with wacky cycles. Let us know when those tests arrive. I love that you bought 40 - make sure you pace yourself!

I just know me! I want to test every time I pee. I figured just buy them bulk. I'd rather have too many than run out. They still haven't arrived so I had to buy some from the pharmacy to tide me over 😊😆

Still nothing! So very bloated and a bit crampy. It's probably just the dirty witch coming to attack but I've been having cramps on and off for 4 days now and not a spot in sight! My fertility friend app tells me to test tomorrow (Saturday as I'm in Australia so it's Friday right now) but I've already tested the last 2 days because... choo choo! :rofl:
I am trying to get it into my brain that it's AF cramps and to be thinking along that path. It's just so hard to convince yourself fully until you are sure.

Good luck ladies :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->