2yr Old Drinking Juice

mummytoIzzy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My little girl is 2.5 yrs old and she can drink gallons of water/squash a day if i would let her, she has had water infections when she was 9months to 18months old and was in hospital for them as they were so bad as she never got upset or saying she was sore untill she became stiff and blue in face i realised what was up... and since all this she drinks loads.

Does your child drink loads if you let them?? xx

yeh wonder y this is, ive taken a beaker off morgan and leave his juice in a glass on the side till he asks for it otherwise im always filling this beaker up and his nappies were just getting silly !!

wonder y they just would drink all the time:?

If I give Dylan juice, he'll down cup after cup. He has been known to down 2 large cups, one after the other. If I give him water he'll drink hardly anything.

So I alternate them, which seems to work quite well!

she drinks loads but i do limit the squash. Shes only allowed it at meal times or as a one off when out. she goes through loads of water though. I just figured it was to do with the huge amount of energy she burns. Shes on the go from the moment she gets up. its thirsty work being 2!

Jacob drinks a large cup full of milk before he's even got downstairs in the morning and he comes up and hands it to me and says more juice pease.

I try and alternate between milk(cows)/water and juice though!

He drinks more than me!! I put it down to his dad (he's the same). I'm not worried hun!

she will not drink water, so i do very weak sugar free squash and milk... she one day drank 6 litres of squash docs told me to see and she clda drank more so i limit her now but its hard when she gets upset saying she is thirsty... :( xx

I give milk in the morning, she is allowed to have only 2 cups a day (any more than that and it will diminish the nutritional value of it, or something, according to her pediatrician). Then if she is really thirsty, she is allowed to have water until after lunch, then it's ONE cup of juice. Afterwards, water for the rest of the night. :) I give juice as a treat now, if I give it to her as part of a meal, she'll get full and not eat, as well as drink 4 cups in a row.

i remember my little brother being bad for drinking juice until he was atleast 14 LOL We used to go out for a meal and he'd drink his whole juice before the starters came then drank another inbetween starter and main :shock: My mum was not too pleased :rofl:

Katie has juice at dinner time and tea time but its limited to then.

Milk and water regular as well.

She drinks gallons of anything wet.

V xx

Phew. Glad its not just mine. Madi drinks sooooooo much juice. She hasnt had milk since she was 11 months old, and she wont drink water, so she has juice all day long! I HAVE to buy sugar free though cause i think she would be buzzing off the roof at bed time otherwise.

Phew. Glad its not just mine. Madi drinks sooooooo much juice. She hasnt had milk since she was 11 months old, and she wont drink water, so she has juice all day long! I HAVE to buy sugar free though cause i think she would be buzzing off the roof at bed time otherwise.

yeah its mental isnt it? I been to health visitors and said as longs as i give her sugar free and she has regular drinks of milk and we brush her teeth 2 times a day we are fine. izzy will only drink water if her daddy has it too but he works long hrs (so do i ) but im with her more :(

I dunno what else to do x

I give gabriel juice in his large sipppy and if he finishes it in the day i just top it up with water, he doesnt complain so i dont feel too bad :)

belle has a bit of milk in a small cup with breakfast, then juice or water whatever she asks for but both pretty equal throughout the day
Lou
xxx

if i give zane juice in a bottle he will drink until it comes out of his ears hahaha
he doesnt like cups right now:/

ihe also goes to bed with a drink of water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"