2yrs and 9mo of co-sleeping... our journey.

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Well Rhys has slept with us since he was 2 weeks old, hes now 2yrs and 9months old and we think its time to stop co-sleeping. We've tried several times over the past 2 years but we've never felt it was right, Rhys hated being away from us and we hated him not being in our bed.

We recently finished our attic conversion and bought a new bed to make the attic our new bedroom. We decided to give Rhys our old bed since he has slept in it since he was 2 weeks old and we have made our old bedroom into rhys' new room.

So on friday we bought a new bed and put it together, we explained to Rhys that it was mummy and daddys bed and that Rhys' bed was in his bedroom.

When he fell asleep on the couch on friday night (thats what hes always done) we put him in his own bed. he woke up at 4.30am and Colin went to comfort him, he stayed there until morning.

On saturday night i wanted to bring him into our bed so bad but i didnt and put him in his bed. he lasted until 3.30am and colin went to comfort him, he stayed with him till morning.

On sunday night i put rhys in his bed and he lasted until 6.30am, this time he didnt cry but just came downstairs in a good mood (i was already up with ffion)

On monday night (lastnight) he lasted until 6.45am, i was still in bed when he woke up and he shouted for me to come and cuddle him. i went to his bed and we cuddled and read a book.

he hasnt really missed being in our bed which has upset me but i know that its the right time for us to kick the habit.

so after 2yrs and 9mo of co-sleeping.. its over :cry:

wow, you've done so well! I think that it's been so easy for you because Rhys is obviously secure and happy and ultimately, it must be the right time for Rhys. I understand the missing him thing. I still sometimes want to bring Ally back into my bed even tho he sleeps through now and I didn't cosleep with him anywhere near as long! Well done Mummy, Daddy and Rhys!

Read this before but kids itterupted:dohh:

Just wanted to say

WELL DONE!!!!

:)

wow well done rhys and mummy and daddy.

what a big boy sleeping in his own bed. x

well done, maybe i should wait til hes older, then it will go as smooth as you..

well we tried and tried and tried when rhys was younger but it just didnt feel right, it just upset all of us.

now rhys understands because hes older

well done you & well done all of you for managing to get him into his opwn bed so smoothly. I guess now he's 'ready' iykwim

x

on wednesday night he woke up and realised we werent there, he shouted me and i didnt go.. he fell back asleep on his own in about a minute.

on thursday night it was a disaster, he woke up at 2am.. i went to him (big mistake) then he was wide awake, excited that i was in his room.. he was then wide awake for 2 hours and ended up waking ffion up who wouldnt settle back to sleep either :dohh:

lastnight was better he slept in his bed all night and woke up at 7am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->