3.30am and I'm still awake!!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Ok this insomnia is getting stupid now! I slept reasonably well last night so now I'm still up and showing no signs of tiring. The internet isn't doing anything, or my 2nd mug of horlicks! Grrrrr I just want to go to bed. Hubby is upstairs asleep and I hate leaving him alone to sleep.

Anything I can do ladies?

Hi Aimes :blush: I hear ya - I'm thinking of getting a job on nights whilst I'm off sick it's going on that long :rofl::rofl:

Are you a reader? Sometimes that'll make you nod off more than the computer as you can at least be all snuggled up ready to drop off :shrug:

I've found I've been hungry a couple of times (through eating my way round the kitchen out of boredom) - maybe have a bit of toast or something?

Or just admit defeat and get loads of pillows and a quilt on the couch with the dog and put a crappy film on - tell yourself if you drop off fine, if not - fine!

Failing that - pop round for a game of Mario on the Wii with me :haha:

Sending you sleepy dust :sleep: :sleep: :dust: :sleep: :sleep:

I have had this recently too we go to bed at 10 every night talk till about 11 but i lie there usually on my blackberry on here till about 12 than i sleep like crap and am up at 9 it sucks. Ive heard not to do anything over stimulating like tv or anything as it can keep you up longer and no lights or anything. It just sucks cause im tired but cant sleep another fun part of pregnancy

Hope you managed to nod off in the end. My insomnia has been terrible this pregnancy.

Strangely enough I did wake up three times to go to the loo last night and fell straight back to sleep afterwards which is rare. It is pretty normal for this stage of our pregnancies though (baby getting us ready for the night shift) so the main thing is to try not to get too frustrated and sleep with eventually come.
xx

aw I'm like you too, end up coming down in early hours and sitting on laptop having a cuppa as just can't sleep, it really is horrible. Wish I could advise you but as I'm the same I can't :hugs:

Hiya girls,

Well I went up to bed at about 4 after exhausting every single thing I could possibly want to look at on the computer...and a few things that I could have done without quite frankly!!
:wacko:

Fell asleep at about 4.30, then at 7.30 bam, wide awake!! It's just driving me nuts tbh....I'm going to try staying awake today. Have loads to do so no naps for me, then see how we fir tonight. Grrrrr I could do without this....at least I'm not actually tired most of the time so it could be worse I suppose!
Wish me luck! :dohh:

we are roughly the same gestation and all i can say is i am the same. I don't think i have had one night were i have fell asleep and woke up 6/7 hours later refreshed. Most nights it takes me ages to fall over, as this is when baby is most active, i have SPD, and when it comes to turning in the bed, i cant! i need to get out of bed to change positions. most nights i am only getting 4 hours sleep in total, this includes going to toilet etc and then with my daughter waking up at 7ish. When she is at nursery i try an go back to bed just to catch up but even with a big bed to myself i find it hard to stay asleep. Ive tried all the hot drinks etc. Last time around i didn't really have an issue at this stage because if i was awake most of the night i would just make up for it from the next morning, but when you already have a child you need to look after you loose that privilege lol x

Yup, this bit is sucky. I'm wrecked.

I'm just trying to take another gear change and start organising everything from now on around maybe needing to nap or snack or cancel things depending on how the night's been.

Which isn't great when we've got so much left to sort out - but hey.

:hugs:

I have the same problem too- no advice but I like to think that it's just my body's way of preparing me for the sleepless nights ahead! :) I usually head to the spare room to read or putter around the house getting stuff done for the next day if I'm too restless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->