• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

3-4 dpo and just experiences the worst cramping of my life. Should I be worried

ttcmomma13

Reaction score
I had pos opk on sat. So I'm estimating today to be around 3-4 dpo. Well we went swimming for an hour then came home and bd then layed on the couch for half hour. He fell asleep but for me all the sudden I got the most severe debilitating menstrual cramps I've ever felt. I was laying on the floor, rolled in a ball, nauseated from the pain and felt dizzy. Now I'm laying in bed wondering what the heck happened.these cramps lasted about 15 mins. I feel lots better but now just a dull ache/cramp. Should I
Be concerned ? I'm a nurse so the worst thoughts possible come to mind lol. We are ttc our first :)

Debilitating cramps after O but well before AF (maybe I should go to the ER I must be dying!!) is how I originally met my dr.
For me, it's when a large cyst bursts and the blood/guts of the cyst spill all over your insides and cause intense cramping!

BC pills or strong pain meds as needed, not much else they can do.

How long did the cramping last for you? Should I make a dr appt tomorrow?

Could I have just ovulated? These cramps were extremely low in the pelvis. If it were a cyst would the pain have lasted longer than 20 mins? I though cysts bothered you for days at a time?

For me it would come on suddenly, and last 10-20min, and it would hurt to even breathe!!! But it passed fairly quickly, is why I didn't end up in emergency.
I scheduled an appt with my gyno after O time, so hopefully he could see on a scan - and he did. I had a huge (2cm) cyst seen during a vaginal u/s and it burst the day after my appt.
He said going on BC could prevent them from forming, but otherwise prescribed Meloxicam as needed and it works pretty well.

For me it would come on suddenly, and last 10-20min, and it would hurt to even breathe!!! But it passed fairly quickly, is why I didn't end up in emergency.
I scheduled an appt with my gyno after O time, so hopefully he could see on a scan - and he did. I had a huge (2cm) cyst seen during a vaginal u/s and it burst the day after my appt.
He said going on BC could prevent them from forming, but otherwise prescribed Meloxicam as needed and it works pretty well.

Ouch! Do they affect fertility? Is it possible this month that we get a BFP?

He said they don't necessarily affect fertility, but I've been LTTTC for 6 years, so I dunno.

My sister and I both had them very occasionally as teenagers - like once a year or less. She's plenty fertile. Mine increased in frequency last year which is when I sought a real diagnosis and meds. Since then I've had them less frequently.

Could just be a fluke for you. I don't think they really understand what REALLY causes them.

Are your periods regular? Thank you or all the info btw :)

Very regular.

For me they almost always burst 7 days before AF. My sis and I called it "week before cramps" when we didn't know what it was.

They're generally painless/symptomless until they burst, so you don't even know they're there until very suddenly. Alternately, if they don't burst I believe I read that they're simply re-absorbed and/or go away on their own without you even knowing. A scan would be the only way to tell for sure.

Very regular.

For me they almost always burst 7 days before AF. My sis and I called it "week before cramps" when we didn't know what it was.

They're generally painless/symptomless until they burst, so you don't even know they're there until very suddenly. Alternately, if they don't burst I believe I read that they're simply re-absorbed and/or go away on their own without you even knowing. A scan would be the only way to tell for sure.
Well my AF is due in 9 days. If I call dr in am are they going to want me to make an appt or do you just let it go cuz there's not a whole lot you can do for it. Do you feel achey cramps after it bursts? Where is your pain? Mine was super low and central not one sided

Very regular.

Well my AF is due in 9 days. If I call dr in am are they going to want me to make an appt or do you just let it go cuz there's not a whole lot you can do for it. Do you feel achey cramps after it bursts? Where is your pain? Mine was super low and central not one sided

Yes, achey and residual cramping for up to 3 days after, especially when I need to pee.
As for where......omg it hurt so much I couldn't really say. Basically from my bladder to my diaphragm everything hurt. Like every muscle south of my ribs went into cramp overdrive at once.
It would hurt more to be standing (aka muscles stretched), so I would lie curled up in a ball, or if at work sit hunched up on the toilet and hope to die.

I'm not sure, really have no idea if they can see where a cyst WAS on a scan after the fact. I specifically tried to schedule my appointment at the time one was "due" to burst and got lucky to have one that month for the dr to see. Maybe ask the dr?

Very regular.

Yes, achey and residual cramping for up to 3 days after, especially when I need to pee.
As for where......omg it hurt so much I couldn't really say. Basically from my bladder to my diaphragm everything hurt. Like every muscle south of my ribs went into cramp overdrive at once.
It would hurt more to be standing (aka muscles stretched), so I would lie curled up in a ball, or if at work sit hunched up on the toilet and hope to die.

I'm not sure, really have no idea if they can see where a cyst WAS on a scan after the fact. I specifically tried to schedule my appointment at the time one was "due" to burst and got lucky to have one that month for the dr to see. Maybe ask the dr?
Wow that must be what happened to me. I am still pretty crampy when I pee too!! Ill call and see if I need to do anything even though I'm sure there's nothin that can be done lol. I hope I never get another one! It was awful!

My doctor was great, he said before ultrasounds could determine what it was, they were frequently mistaken for appendicitis because the pain was so intense! Finally someone who understood (kindof) that I wasn't exaggerating the pain or experiencing normal "pms"

I actually normally have a high pain tolerance.

I have a very low pain tolerance! :( I feel much better today tho. Said if it happens again give the office a call. Wonder what kind of cyst it was??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"