3 cm!!!!

jocelynmarie

Reaction score
I know it seems silly to be excited by this, but with my first I was induced and it took me roughly 28 hours to go from a 1 to a 3 with extremely painful active labor (after that I rapidly moved to a 10).

Today I'm 3cm, but still only 50% effaced. Anyway to speed up the effacement process? She also said my cervix was still kind of long. I want to be done, I'm guessing that even though I'm at a 3 with a long cervix and only 50% there's still a ways to go :(

I thought there was something doctors give to thin out the cervix as well? Cervadil or something I think?

Yeah cervadil is it I think... But I am exactly where you are except my cervix is not too long. I am pretty pumped about baby coming :)

Yeah they will give it when your being induced. It sounds like your pretty favorable to me! So if you don't end up going into labor by another week or two I bet they would offer induction?

You can help encourage effacement by squatting or sitting on an exercise ball and doing figure 8s with your hips. I will let you know how well this has worked the last week after my appt today, I was at 40% last Wednesday. I've been doing a lot of exercises on the ball.

Being up right as much as possible and inserting evening primrose oil vaginally can help the cervix

Last week I was 0 and 0%, this week I am 2cm and 75% at 36w.

I walk. I cleaned and stayed on my feet. Drank a crapload of water and had my RLT. When insat to rest, I squatted or went on all fours. No joke haha. My DD thought I was very funny. I also DTD and ate curried chicken.

I really do think staying on yor feet and moving is vital for helping things out! Worked in my first pregnancy too!

Walk walk and walk some more. I did 3-4 miles or a few days then bam! I was at 2-3 for a couple weeks, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->